ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - New english req - non UK qual submitted before?!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

darranpienaar
Newly Registered

ILR - New english req - non UK qual submitted before?!

Post by darranpienaar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi all,

Please help, 5 years ago (almost) I applied for my first Tier 1 visa. Satisfied the english requirement by submitting a qualification and a letter from University that my degree was taught in english (still have copy but no original). It is an accounting Honours degree at University of South Africa.

On the indefintely leave to remain SET(O) for english requirement I can't see an appropriate option to select. Can anyone help with this?

Also noticed separately that on the UK Border Agency website they say one can prove via qualification if confirmed by NARIC or Point Based calculator. Problem is there is no Tier 1 General option anymore! And then not sure what to select on the form?

Can I submit my application without spending more money with NARIC? Don't want to waste money (they already charging £1900!)

My wife has an IELTS certificate (expired -2012), so assume the old certificate will be good enough as it is still on the list of approved documents.

Thanks for all the help,
Darran