ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR rejection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sohampaul
Newly Registered

ILR rejection

Post by sohampaul » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi all

I have recently got refusal for my ILR application due to fault of HMRC tax return. I am going for Administration review. Can any body suggest what are the chances here for me?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR rejection

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:45 pm

For anyone to give you any constructive feedback you would need to elaborate further. But if the reason for refusal is due to underpaid taxes or tax discrepancies in your employment history (which cannot be explained) it would be fare to say that an admin review is unlikely to result in a positive outcome. There are many cases on this forum which have resulted in refusals due to tax related discrepancies - you may want to search and read through them yourself.

Only you will know the precise refusal reason and your own employment history to be able to comment further.

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:05 am

sohampaul wrote:Hi all

I have recently got refusal for my ILR application due to fault of HMRC tax return. I am going for Administration review. Can any body suggest what are the chances here for me?

Thanks
what is the exact refusal?

sohampaul
Newly Registered

Post by sohampaul » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 am

Hi
In 2011/12 I have earned £1900 which my accountant have filed for tax and I have copy of of that tax return. But for some reason HMRC has registered as zero income for that year. My accouount has emailed HMRC to correct that error.
In that basis UKBA has rejected my application saying that I was dishonest during showing my income to HMRC. But ever year other than that was correct and tax fully paid. I am going for admin review. But if I get refused in that as well what is the other option?

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:13 pm

sohampaul wrote:Hi
In 2011/12 I have earned £1900 which my accountant have filed for tax and I have copy of of that tax return. But for some reason HMRC has registered as zero income for that year. My accouount has emailed HMRC to correct that error.
In that basis UKBA has rejected my application saying that I was dishonest during showing my income to HMRC. But ever year other than that was correct and tax fully paid. I am going for admin review. But if I get refused in that as well what is the other option?
its not a big issue, you should contact hmrc and sort this out and get accountant letter and hmrc confirmation letter about this issue

sohampaul
Newly Registered

Post by sohampaul » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Thank you for the responses. But during the administrative review I am not allowed to sent any evidence to the home office. So how should I provide UKBA those documents?

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:30 pm

sohampaul wrote:Hi
After excluding £1900 is ur income still over the required threshold? Or by adding £1900 u reach ur threshold?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:41 pm

sohampaul wrote:In that basis UKBA has rejected my application saying that I was dishonest during showing my income to HMRC.
sohampaul wrote:But during the administrative review I am not allowed to sent any evidence to the home office. So how should I provide UKBA those documents?
You may send additional documents to refute deception allegations (AR 2.4).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sohampaul
Newly Registered

Post by sohampaul » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi raju4u
Thanks for your response. I am still qualifying without that £1900. They only rejected because I have not shown that income to HMRC and they assumed that I was trying to aviod paying tax dishonestly.

sohampaul
Newly Registered

Post by sohampaul » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi vinny
Thanks for that information.

sohampaul
Newly Registered

Post by sohampaul » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi vinny

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:23 pm

sohampaul wrote:Hi vinny
hi
could you contact at my email xxxxx

Moderator edit: personal email address removed for member's own security as spammers trawl this forum.

protagonist8

Post by protagonist8 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:03 am

Hi
i am facing same and i was told to update HMRC record and after that go for fresh application, but i am not sure after admin review can i go for fresh application as my visa has been expired,
need help from seniors please

sohampaul
Newly Registered

Post by sohampaul » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:06 am

Hi

I have applied for Admin review. My visa going to expire on 26 Feb. If I get refusal in admin review I will go for judicial review. Can any one tell me if I am eligible to work during all these time?

My employer is asking me.

Thank you

protagonist8

Post by protagonist8 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi
you can work during Admin review but during JR you wont be able to .

ukuserilr
Newly Registered

Post by ukuserilr » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:41 pm

what is the outcome of Admin Review? What are the next steps? Is it required to file the fresh application again or ILR will be granted overriding the refusal if things are sorted during the Admin Review process?

protagonist8

Post by protagonist8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:12 pm

ukuserilr wrote:what is the outcome of Admin Review? What are the next steps? Is it required to file the fresh application again or ILR will be granted overriding the refusal if things are sorted during the Admin Review process?
Admin review is mostly same , 9 out of 10 refused or even 10 out 10, after that you can go either to JR or Fresh Application , or even both at same time as well and once ILR granted you can With draw your Fresh Application.

Prolay
Newly Registered

Post by Prolay » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Thanks

@sohampaul, sorry to hear about your problem. Have u made fresh application ? Have got amended SA302 from HMRC?
I sent my amend on 30/04/2016 & went to Croydon PEO on 24/05/2016 for SET(LR)- ilr, got refusal. Do not know what to do, got a 28 month sons ,Completely broke.
Some lawyer are saying to make fresh application / some saying appeal .But without the amend from HMRC , i do not see any point. Does anyone know how to get the amend quickly from HMRC? pls help.

Please let me know if anyone here knows good lawyer who are dealing / dealt with thi type of case & got +ve result. Pls help.

monty87

Post by monty87 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:05 pm

@ Prolay

Sorry to hear about your rejection. What was the reason you had to amend your records? Do you have good explanation/evidence if it was a genuine error? If yes, then I would suggest go for appeal. Fresh application is likely to be refused again under 322(5) or retrospectively declared income.

mbili2013
Newly Registered

Post by mbili2013 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:13 am

Guys Make an offical complain against HMRC via .gov.uk web. They ll reply with in 5 working days. Mine is same case and I am behind Hmrc they they it ll be updated within 2 weeks.. I am waiting for it now..Without doing complaint it was not possible to speed up the process to update of my tax return 2010.11.
Thx

sunny_sunny

Post by sunny_sunny » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:52 am

Prolay wrote:

Thanks

@sohampaul, sorry to hear about your problem. Have u made fresh application ? Have got amended SA302 from HMRC?
I sent my amend on 30/04/2016 & went to Croydon PEO on 24/05/2016 for SET(LR)- ilr, got refusal. Do not know what to do, got a 28 month sons ,Completely broke.
Some lawyer are saying to make fresh application / some saying appeal .But without the amend from HMRC , i do not see any point. Does anyone know how to get the amend quickly from HMRC? pls help.

Please let me know if anyone here knows good lawyer who are dealing / dealt with thi type of case & got +ve result. Pls help.
Hope your appeal goes through successfully. Keep all options open and check if Human rights and family rights can be applied here.