ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge showing £0.00 for my Wife

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kasunj
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge showing £0.00 for my Wife

Post by kasunj » Tue May 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR on 16/05/2016. My wife has only stayed in the UK for 1 year and 10 Months so she will be applying for PBS Dependent extension for 3 years.

I have registers her in the UKBA website to pay the IHS. I know it should be £200.00 per year and a total of £600.00. But after adding her details and my details the charge is showing as £0.00.

I have selected the following details for my wife.

Visa route - PBS Dependent (Tier 1, 2 and 5)
Visa Type - Tier 1 General

Am i doing something wrong? Please help as i have only few days before applying for the Visa by post

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge showing £0.00 for my Wife

Post by CR001 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:05 am

She should be applying alone for the extension. Leave your details out and see if that makes a difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kasunj
Newly Registered

Post by kasunj » Wed May 11, 2016 10:46 am

Thanks a lot CR001. Its showing £600 now. But i have already created 2x IHS numbers prior to seeking you advise. I have the 3rd IHS number now where i have done the correct payment.

:arrow: Also please advise on the following.

Section M - About your Maintenance
In this section you will be asked to provide information about maintenance which is the money you
will need for your living costs in the UK.
It is essential that you ensure that the information you provide in this section is accurate. We use
this information to advise you of the amount of money you will need for maintenance.

M1; Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant that you are
dependant upon?
Yes go to M2 No go to M4

:arrow: As per you comments before I should use No right? If I select No The section M4 and M5 states the folloing

M4; Has the PBS main applicant received notification that their application has been
successful? (ht)
Yes No
M5; Under which category of the Points Based System has the main applicant applied?
Tier 1 (General) - go to M6
Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs) - go to M7
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) - go to M10
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Investors) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Post Study Work) - go to M7
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) - All categories - go to M11

:arrow: So for M4 it should be No as i m sending my ILR application around the same time as my Wife's application. For M5 should i select Tier 1 (General) as this was my previous visa before applying for ILR.

Hopefully these are my only concerns before i can send both applcation forms.

Thanks again for you quick responses.. :)
Last edited by kasunj on Wed May 11, 2016 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

When does her current visa expire?

Are you posting her extension application or applying in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kasunj
Newly Registered

Post by kasunj » Wed May 11, 2016 10:53 am

Hi CR001,

her Visa expires on 17/05/2016 the same day my Tier 1 general Visa is expiring. I am sending both our applications by post. my application goes to Set(0), ILR, PO BOX 591. Hers goes to Tier 1 Dependants, PO Box 496.

Hope this info Helps.

kasunj
Newly Registered

Post by kasunj » Wed May 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi CR001 and Others.

Can u pls advise if I have filled the application form correct. I will be posting the application on Friday.

kasunj
Newly Registered

Post by kasunj » Fri May 13, 2016 4:17 am

CR001 wrote:When does her current visa expire?

Are you posting her extension application or applying in person?
Hi CR001,

Sorry to keep asking you. But I am planning to post the application today. Can u pls respond to the last post. I need to clarify this for a peace of mind before sending the application.

kasunj
Newly Registered

Post by kasunj » Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 am

come on guys.. u ask me questions about the form and make me nervous and stop responding to any of my posts. I am now submitting the application with doubts. Thanks

mikeyballack
Newly Registered

Post by mikeyballack » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:10 pm

[img]Thanks a lot CR001. Its showing £600 now. But i have already created 2x IHS numbers prior to seeking you advise. I have the 3rd IHS number now where i have done the correct payment.

:arrow: Also please advise on the following.

Section M - About your Maintenance
In this section you will be asked to provide information about maintenance which is the money you
will need for your living costs in the UK.
It is essential that you ensure that the information you provide in this section is accurate. We use
this information to advise you of the amount of money you will need for maintenance.

M1; Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant that you are
dependant upon?
Yes go to M2 No go to M4

:arrow: As per you comments before I should use No right? If I select No The section M4 and M5 states the folloing

M4; Has the PBS main applicant received notification that their application has been
successful? (ht)
Yes No
M5; Under which category of the Points Based System has the main applicant applied?
Tier 1 (General) - go to M6
Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs) - go to M7
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) - go to M10
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Investors) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Post Study Work) - go to M7
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) - All categories - go to M11

:arrow: So for M4 it should be No as i m sending my ILR application around the same time as my Wife's application. For M5 should i select Tier 1 (General) as this was my previous visa before applying for ILR.

Hopefully these are my only concerns before i can send both applcation forms.
[/img]

Hi Kasunj,

I am exactly in the same boat as you are, i am applying for for my ILR on 02/07/2016 and my wife has been with me since November 2015 and her visa is expiring the same time as mine.

Please could you let me know what answer did you choose ?

Thanks