ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income verifications?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jonbca

Income verifications?

Post by jonbca » Tue May 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Hey,

What are these "income verifications" people are talking about? I'm approaching my application for ILR in July and have been in full-time permanent employment for the 5 year period of my Tier 1 General.

When I initially applied for leave as Tier 1 General I used income from work while on PSW and about a month of full-time, out-of-study-period, temporary employment while on a pre-PBS student visa (it was for a defined project, I was a full-time employee, and the contract explicitly had an end date). I was told at the time by Edinburgh University's immigration advisor that this was fine. Furthermore, in my initial application for T1G, my employer's letter stated explicitly the arrangements I described above, and they didn't raise any questions.

I'm worried that they might dig up some reason to say that I shouldn't have done that or whatever. Am I being too paranoid? I don't think I did anything wrong, but I'm nervous that they've been scrutinising things so heavily. I'm planning to do PEO in Glasgow mid-July.

Thanks!