ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian student between two degrees

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tabbynikhil
Newly Registered

Indian student between two degrees

Post by tabbynikhil » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi everybody. Would really appreciate some advice on the issue of my boyfriend coming to the UK for 5 weeks in the Christmas period this year. He is from Patna, Bihar and is just finishing his engineering degree (Bangalore) one year early. He will be getting all the necessary papers. His next move will be to do an MBA. He is 21 and completely dependent on his parents who give him a monthly allowance. He will be using this allowance for his travel arrangements and for his miscellaneous expenses in England, whereas his accommodation, food and all other living costs will be taken care of by my family, as he will be living with me in our family home.

I have read that for students it is a good idea to get a letter from the college detailing the time that they have granted for the holiday and when the student will be returning. As he is between degrees this may prove difficult. I am wondering how best to prove that he has an incentive to return to India after the trip. I am studying at University in England. Does it help his case that he is dependent on his parents? Or does that make it worse? And will it be possible for us to use his parents' bank statements instead of his own?

Could you also tell me if it is true that you have to make the application three months before your date of travel? And if it is then how flexible that is.

How do you think our chances are looking on the whole? We are both completely new to this and really want to play our cards right. Any other tips on strengthening his application would be much appreciated!! We don't mind some hard work to make this happen.

Thanks!

PS is it in any way preferable for us to show that we are funding his entire trip, including flights and all expenses?

mr_mar

Re: Indian student between two degrees

Post by mr_mar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 am

It will be very hard to get a tourist visa for a graduate who cannot prove why he/she should go back home after the trip.
These are some documents that can help the application :
- Proof of pre-registration for the MBA with details when it starts and how long it will last
- Proof of pre-payment of the MBA fees
- Confirmation letter from the inviting family in the UK (check the formal documents needed) with confirmation that they take a full responsibility and will insure he/she will be back home at the end of the trip.
- payslips/bank statements of the parents in India
- RETURN plane ticket (I guess just a reservation is enough)
- A good interview skills and a good explanation of future ambitions during the interview.

The 3 months rule is a maximum rule not a minimum. You cannot apply for a visa more than 3 months before the trip.
But they advise you to do ASAP because it takes time for processing.