ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is letter from landlord necessary? urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tcpip_helper

Is letter from landlord necessary? urgent

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:45 pm

hi,

I live in a 3 double bedroom house, total 3 people are living including me. my wife will be applying for her dependent visa very soon.

i've provided her following documents related to the accommodation

1: tenancy agreement which has my name on it and two other persons living with me.
2: estate agency letter stating the suitability/condition and detail of the house
3: BT bill on my name

now the question is do i need to provide a letter from my landlord with no objection for my wife to live with me once she got the visa? the problem is my landlord is not willing to give me such letter, what should i do?

I am scared bcoz someone similar to my case got refusal on this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45854

any help appreciated
thanks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 pm

no

tenancy agreement and BT bILL IS ENOUGH

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:no

tenancy agreement and BT bILL IS ENOUGH
thanks for your reply but what about the link i mentioned in my earlier post, i know each individual is different but i am still worried, or i m thinking too much?

another issue is that one of my house mate the other person on the agreement is in the same scenario as i m, he just got married and his wife will be applying using the same tenancy agreement but with different utility bill and different estate agency letter, is this an issue that two person applying almost the same time using same agreement?

please reply

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Is letter from landlord necessary? urgent

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:13 pm

I assume that you are on Tier 1 visa, as it is Tier 1 forum.
Tier 1 dependents do not need any of these documents. Please see this link for the required documents of Tier 1 dependents: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081 .
The rejection link that you have posted was for Tier 4 visa. It is different. You do not need that.

tcpip_helper wrote:hi,

I live in a 3 double bedroom house, total 3 people are living including me. my wife will be applying for her dependent visa very soon.

i've provided her following documents related to the accommodation

1: tenancy agreement which has my name on it and two other persons living with me.
2: estate agency letter stating the suitability/condition and detail of the house
3: BT bill on my name

now the question is do i need to provide a letter from my landlord with no objection for my wife to live with me once she got the visa? the problem is my landlord is not willing to give me such letter, what should i do?

I am scared bcoz someone similar to my case got refusal on this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45854

any help appreciated
thanks
Last edited by mvent00 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Sorry, duplicate, please see the upper one.

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:45 pm

mvent00 wrote:I assume that you are on Tier 1 visa, as it is Tier 1 forum.
Tier 1 dependents do not need any of these documents. Please see this link for the required documents of Tier 1 dependents: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081 .
The rejection link that you have posted was for Tier 4 visa. It is different. You do not need that.
thanks but what about my other point about two person applying at the same time using the same agreement?

thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:49 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:thanks but what about my other point about two person applying at the same time using the same agreement?
thanks
If he is on Tier 1 too, he also does not need to submit the agreement. Keep it simple, just according to the required documents for each category.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:07 am

mvent00 wrote:
tcpip_helper wrote:thanks but what about my other point about two person applying at the same time using the same agreement?
thanks
If he is on Tier 1 too, he also does not need to submit the agreement. Keep it simple, just according to the required documents for each category.
I would agree with mvent's comment about it. You don't have to worry about how other people are applying for their dependent's visa. Just make sure you don't bring this topic unnecessarily during your HO visit (on in postal application). Try to keep it as simple as it is. Doubts in your mind can confuse caseworker. You are on Tier-1 and tenacy agreement+utlity bill would be sufficient for you.

Link you sent was for different category.