ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter received - Home office old case unit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

afiln
Newly Registered

Letter received - Home office old case unit

Post by afiln » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi,
I need some help, I tried to contact our lawyer but he doesn't want to talk over the phone and wants us to travel over 50 miles to make an appointment and go see him - yup what a day and age we live in - never choose a lawyer on someone's recommendation - they all the same in my experience.

My brother claimed asylum with family over 7 years ago.. we have all even got British passports now and he doesnt have anything - basically he was 18 when we claimed so they see him separate and not with family. Anyway after all the hassle over 7 years he is currently hiding, they raided our previous house to detain him as well. We received this letter in our previous house from some home office old case working unit - basically you have 14 days to get back to them - they are re opening cases which have been closed for a while and are over 7 years old - they asked to confirm whether he is still at the property and asked for 2 passport size photos.(we are still paying rent for the old house so we still have the house and get all the letters). Shall we go ahead and send the form back with photos? Or is it some sort of trick from home office. please enlight me I need some help we dont have much days left.

Many thanks,

aiza78601

Re: Letter received - Home office old case unit

Post by aiza78601 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:43 pm

yeah its very urgent to reply them
its not a trick this is how they are working on legacy cases,
his case is in legacy and must be dealing in manchester or liverpool older live case unit
its very good sign,i know too many people who get status after this letter

send them all the papers which they required

larry86
Newly Registered

Post by larry86 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 am

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!???

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2012.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 1month in the uk (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record.

no partner or child but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Kindly please also copy response/reply to lanre.onibiyo@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Olanrewaju Onibiyo.

larry86
Newly Registered

Post by larry86 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:02 am

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2012.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 1month in the uk (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner or child but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Kindly please also copy response/reply to lanre.onibiyo@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Olanrewaju Onibiyo.

larry86
Newly Registered

Post by larry86 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:48 pm

aiza78601 wrote:yeah its very urgent to reply them
its not a trick this is how they are working on legacy cases,
his case is in legacy and must be dealing in manchester or liverpool older live case unit
its very good sign,i know too many people who get status after this letter

send them all the papers which they required

My question is:

i have spent a total of 7years and 1month in the uk (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record.

Hope to get response soonest. Thanks in advance.

Larry