ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main Applicant ILR - Partner on Tier1 General PBS dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

karthik ramiya
Newly Registered

Main Applicant ILR - Partner on Tier1 General PBS dependant

Post by karthik ramiya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello

I am on ILR through Tier1 PBS General route from end of December 2016. I went through Premium service and got ILR within 10 days. But my wife and kid are on Tier 1 PBS General Dependant Visa valid till Feb 2018. I have two questions here if you could provide some guidance, that would really be of great help.

1. Is this fine the dependants on Tier 1 General PBS dependant Visa while the main applicant is on ILR?

2. I have an emergency travel now planned in the next 3 days with family and in this situation Will I be having any problem in immigration on return because of the difference in Visa that the main applicant and the dependants have though their visa have valid leaves until Feb 2018?

Highly Appreciate your help and guidance on this. Please advise.

Thanks in Advance
Karthik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Main Applicant ILR - Partner on Tier1 General PBS depend

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:12 pm

1. Is this fine the dependants on Tier 1 General PBS dependant Visa while the main applicant is on ILR?
Yes, it is fine.
2. I have an emergency travel now planned in the next 3 days with family and in this situation Will I be having any problem in immigration on return because of the difference in Visa that the main applicant and the dependants have though their visa have valid leaves until Feb 2018?
No issue, the rules allow the dependents to continue on Tier 1 Dependent until they qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

karthik ramiya
Newly Registered

Post by karthik ramiya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Hello

Thank you very much for your response on this :). That's a great relief for me now to travel with peace of mind.

Would you be able to cite any reference link in UKVI , just in case if I would get into any troubles in immigration as one of my friend was recently questioned on why he is still on Tier 1 dependant while the main applicant on ILR and thats not allowed.

Also does it mean that the dependant can extend as Tier 1 PBS dependant even after April 2018 until she qualifies for ILR?

Thanks
Karthik

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:31 pm

karthik ramiya wrote:Hello

Thank you very much for your response on this :). That's a great relief for me now to travel with peace of mind.

Would you be able to cite any reference link in UKVI , just in case if I would get into any troubles in immigration as one of my friend was recently questioned on why he is still on Tier 1 dependant while the main applicant on ILR and thats not allowed. It is allowed, see link at the bottom which contains links to the immigration rules. The only time it is a problem is if someone got ILR based on long residence, then the dependents are required to switch to FLR(M). Remember also that immigration offices at UK ports are permitted to ask questions, it doesn't mean they doubt anything.

Also does it mean that the dependant can extend as Tier 1 PBS dependant even after April 2018 until she qualifies for ILR? Yes

Thanks
Karthik
Dependents of ILR Economic 5 Year Route ILR (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

karthik ramiya
Newly Registered

Post by karthik ramiya » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Thank you very much for the quick response and timely help.
Highly Appreciated!!

Thanks
Karthik