ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main + Dependent postal application - Single courier?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vega

Main + Dependent postal application - Single courier?

Post by Vega » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Applying for Tier 1 extension for main + dependent.

I couldn't quite find what applying together means - does it mean that I send both the forms and evidence in a single courier to the postal address?

And there will be two different payments taken - like one for my wife and then one for me rather than a single total amount depending on what is filled on each form for payment details? I was a bit wary about payments being blocked by bank for any reason - so wanted to tell them in advance what exactly to expect.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Main + Dependent postal application - Single courier?

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:32 pm

When i applied i sent both application in single cover and also included prepaid special delivery cover for documents return. And also called my bank to process home office transactions, to avoid problems.

Regards,
Suresh

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the response.

"prepaid special delivery cover for documents return" - Is this a requirement? Didn't notice this mentioned anywhere at all. Do they not return all the documents if this is not included? And what is the difference?

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Suresh,

Also, did they make two transactions for the two fee payments or a single one for the total of your wife and yours?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:55 pm

For me they made a single transaction, But not sure for all cases. they might run two transactions also not sure...

Prepaid special delivery for our safety, If you haven't included then they will deliver second class, so it will take longer time and no guaranty. [its not mentioned in the guidance, its for our safety, because passport and all original documents are valuable for us. its your personal choice]

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:21 am

Hi Suresh. One more question.

Can you tell me what is the exact name of the merchant that came up on your bank statement?

I want to call my credit card provider and tell them to not block it when I apply. They ask for a merchant name.

Maybe something like "UKBA" or "UK Border Agency" or "Home office"?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:07 am

I believe HomeOffice. And also mention the amount of the transaction they will take care.

soundar.pandi80
Newly Registered

Post by soundar.pandi80 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:50 pm

haiksuresh wrote:When i applied i sent both application in single cover and also included prepaid special delivery cover for documents return. And also called my bank to process home office transactions, to avoid problems.

Regards,
Suresh
Hi

did you apply with only one prepaid special delivery cover for both applications return or did you return 2 special delivery cover ? And if you had placed a single cover, out of the 2 applicant cover whose name did you use for delivery ?

Thanks

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 pm

I put a single cover with the main applicants name.