ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

godfatherdon

maintenance funds

Post by godfatherdon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Folks
I wanted to know whether the source of maintenance fund (2800 GBP) can be bank loans. i.e., can i take a bank loan keep it for 3 months and then show this has my maintenance fund???? FYI actually my family member is taking the loan and putting it in my account!!!!!!

Help me guyss i need to show the maintenance funds somehow!!!!!!!!!!

Also can i show my maintenance fund through joint accounts??????

z00ps00p

Post by z00ps00p » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:37 pm

You can furnish three months' bank statements indicating a balance that throughout never fell below the equivalent of £2,800, even if the source was a personal loan from a bank. Do note that they expect regular transactions on the bank account, including deposits. (You still need to meet the Previous Earnings criterion, though, with an income high enough to earn you sufficient points to bring the Attribute total to at least 75.)

It's my understanding that joint accounts are only pemissible if the other account holder is your spouse. Otherwise they are impermissible even if, say, the other account holder is a parent or a child.

godfatherdon

thanks mate

Post by godfatherdon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 am

Thanks a lot buddy ...................whoooshhhh cleared all my doubts....
its a joint account with my spouse only so that clears it!!!!!!!!

the account need not be a salaried account right????? i mean what transactions should happen in the account as mentioned in the above reply???