ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kanayo
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by kanayo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am a little but confused about something with regards to the maintenance funds.

I have an account from which my salary is paid and my wife has another account in her own name. My statement is generated from the 12th of everty month so my 1 month statement for instance would read 13th August to 12th September.

With regards to maintenance funds, the 3 month statement i would be using would be 13th Aug - 12 Sept, 13th Sept - 12 Oct and 13th Oct - 12 November. Now before 12th August i had about 1000k in my account the rest we had in my wife's account as savings. On the 27th of august i transfered some money from my wife's account which is our savings to my account so that we both would use it for applying for extension.

Reading the policy guadance it says the money must have been in the account for the past 3 months. Now since i transfered the money on the 27th and the statement starts to read on the 12th of august, would it be said that the money has been in the account for 3 months? From the point of view of balances, one woul say yes i have had the required balance over 3 months but transaction wise, it really has not been there for 3 months. Should i go ahead and submit it that way or would there be repercusions?

Thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:26 pm

kanayo wrote:Hi,

I am a little but confused about something with regards to the maintenance funds.

I have an account from which my salary is paid and my wife has another account in her own name. My statement is generated from the 12th of everty month so my 1 month statement for instance would read 13th August to 12th September.

With regards to maintenance funds, the 3 month statement i would be using would be 13th Aug - 12 Sept, 13th Sept - 12 Oct and 13th Oct - 12 November. Now before 12th August i had about 1000k in my account the rest we had in my wife's account as savings. On the 27th of august i transfered some money from my wife's account which is our savings to my account so that we both would use it for applying for extension.

Reading the policy guadance it says the money must have been in the account for the past 3 months. Now since i transfered the money on the 27th and the statement starts to read on the 12th of august, would it be said that the money has been in the account for 3 months? From the point of view of balances, one woul say yes i have had the required balance over 3 months but transaction wise, it really has not been there for 3 months. Should i go ahead and submit it that way or would there be repercusions?

Thanks.
Between 13th Aug - 27th Aug (before u transfered money from ur wifes account to ur account) do u have 800+533 = Min 1333 GBP in ur account?

And from 13th Agu-12th Nov tomorrow.. did u account balance is always above the min maintenance funds required each day after each transaction.. not even 1penny down/-ve?

If YES in both cases dont worry u are Ok to go and apply...

But if ur account balance dipped belwo the required maintenance funds anytime during this period then u shd be careful.. and shd think over when to apply..

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:36 pm

between 13th august and 27th my account was below 1333. It was about 1000. It increased after i transfered the money on the 27th and then my balance was above the required value when it was generated on the 12th of september. Since then it has maintained that value.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:40 pm

kanayo wrote:between 13th august and 27th my account was below 1333. It was about 1000. It increased after i transfered the money on the 27th and then my balance was above the required value when it was generated on the 12th of september. Since then it has maintained that value.
In that case i would advice u to wait till 28th November, get/request a latest bankstatement from the bank and then apply becos from 27th Aug - 26th Nov would be 3months where ur balance is above the minimum maintenance funds required..

good u asked abt it..

Dont worry abt the bankstatement from 13th AUG - 12SEP.. on the day you apply and HO will take into consideration the latest 3months when you apply and the bankstatements u submit.. so wait better be safe then sorry

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks ramesh for your reply. My current Visa expires on the 11th of dec. Can i wait till then? On the contrary, can my wife use her own account for herself since we still have some money in her account that is more than enough to cover her (i transfer money to her account every month)and the required sum has been more than 3 months old in her account?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

kanayo wrote:Thanks ramesh for your reply. My current Visa expires on the 11th of dec. Can i wait till then? On the contrary, can my wife use her own account for herself since we still have some money in her account that is more than enough to cover her (i transfer money to her account every month)and the required sum has been more than 3 months old in her account?
Yes you wife(Dependent) can use her own account to show the maintenance funds..

In case your accounts is enough for you and ur wife is enough for her.. and you got the statements ready..

You can go without any other thougth.. goodluck

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks Ramesh for you assistance.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Make sure to properly highlight(bold,colour,underline anything) the fact that you are using your wife's account for maintenance funds.

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks a lot guys.
One more thing as i really dont want to assume anything, my wife's statement is printed right from the day she opened the account to the 5th of Novermber i.e from 13th March 2009 to 5th November 2009 (not printed seperately per month). Can she submit it like that given that what she needs is just 3 months out of that.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:18 pm

kanayo wrote:Thanks a lot guys.
One more thing as i really dont want to assume anything, my wife's statement is printed right from the day she opened the account to the 5th of Novermber i.e from 13th March 2009 to 5th November 2009 (not printed seperately per month). Can she submit it like that given that what she needs is just 3 months out of that.
Yes you can submit that its not a problem.. but like Chetan mentioned make sure to mention in ur cover letter that maintenance funds of ur spouse shd be considered from that bankstatement...

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:46 pm

excellent. thank you so much

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Sorry one more question.
Because i have to wait for my last statement to arrive, it seems i would have to submit my application 3 weeks before visa expires instead of the recommended 1 month. Am i on the safe side? Thanks.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 pm

you can apply before 28 day of yr visa expiring

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:12 pm

so are you saying i cant apply 21 days or 20 days before expiry?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:12 pm

kanayo wrote:Sorry one more question.
Because i have to wait for my last statement to arrive, it seems i would have to submit my application 3 weeks before visa expires instead of the recommended 1 month. Am i on the safe side? Thanks.
You can even apply on the last day(by Royal Mail Only) of your visa expiry. Just make sure you arrange all documents properly. Since you are not leaving any buffer for yourself in worst case, double check everything..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Advantage of applying early is in worstcase scenario you can quickly fix the problem and reapply before ur visa gets expired.. giving u a second chance.. but if u prepare the docs to your best of knwoledge and as per HO rules.. u dont need to worry.. u can apply on the last day aswell

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:38 pm

BEFORE,

and even some how u not manage to sort out than still u can sort yr papers within 28 days after yr visa expird and u can apply if all is well u get stamping, but any query applicant losses right to appeal.

post visa expiry within 28 day of expiry -valid application but dangereous scenario

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks once again. But i have one more question and i hope this would be my last question.

The first time i applied for hsmp, my degree certificate was not ready so i used my transcript and letter from school. Now my degree is ready and my name was not written correctly on it. Basically i have 4 names but have traditionally used 3 on my passport and other documents. In printing my name on my certificate, the normal middle name i use was substituted for the 4th name which i dont officially use. So say i have 4 names - James Peter Simon Smith (these are just example names). On my passport my name appears as James Peter Smith ( and this name appears on all my official documents), now in the degree certificate, they have printed James Simon Smith.

Some have suggested i get a document from solicitor to show the certificate truly belongs to me others have said that would mean drawing unneccessary attention to yourself.

As a result of this, i have decided to use the option on the form that says that if you have previously claimed points for education in your first application then you dont need to submit another evidence.

What do you think?

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:51 pm

As far as I know when u have claimed points in initial HSMP then no need to submit any extra documents.

So it depends on u i feel its better u select the option of proof already show in inital HSMP application.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Duvvuri wrote: As far as I know when u have claimed points in initial HSMP then no need to submit any extra documents.

So it depends on u i feel its better u select the option of proof already show in inital HSMP application.
Ditto!

I am looking forward to another last question :D :lol: :lol:

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Hopefully this would be my last question :wink: :wink: . Thank you to all of you, you ve been brilliant.

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 am

I really hoped i had asked my last set of questions but something else came up i need clarification on :wink: :)

While filling in the duration of study, in the form they have provided it in the form DD MM YYYY. Is it compulsory that you must provide the DD part of it?
Can i use just the month and the year?

Thanks guys for all your help. I am planning to finally submit today.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 am

I dnt think its so imp if u have already claimed points for same qualification last time i.e inital application then doesnt make much difference.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:21 am

kanayo wrote:I really hoped i had asked my last set of questions but something else came up i need clarification on :wink: :)

While filling in the duration of study, in the form they have provided it in the form DD MM YYYY. Is it compulsory that you must provide the DD part of it?
Can i use just the month and the year?

Thanks guys for all your help. I am planning to finally submit today.
Instead of leaving DD empty you can fill in 01-MM-YYYY or 15-MM-YYYY, i used the later as it does not make much difference.. dont just leave it blank..

kanayo
Newly Registered

Post by kanayo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:38 pm

thanks once again. I have another question.

I cant seem to get my little son who is just about 15 months old to close his mouth for the passport photograph. I have decided to use the passport that way. What do you think? Has any of you ever been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance. :D