ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate for dependent in Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

proper
Newly Registered

Marriage certificate for dependent in Tier 1 extension

Post by proper » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 pm

My wife and me are currently holding the HSMP(& dependent) visa. We want to extend it this week.

There is one thing I am not sure is the marriage certificate for her dependent application, which we will apply at the same application.
I went through the whole guide and form for dependent, but still could not find any requirement related to the marriage certificate.

Since our certificate is not translated yet, I wonder is it OK to not provide this for the application of Tier 1 dependent?
Does someone have the same experience?

I went through a lot of threads in this forum, they are really useful. This is my first post. Thanks guys. :D

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am

Hi proper,

Did you submit the marriage certificate in your initial application?

In my case though its not mentioned any where but i provided them with marriage certificate for my extn.. It was provided in inital applicaton as well...

N

proper
Newly Registered

Post by proper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 pm

nksg wrote:Hi proper,

In my case though its not mentioned any where but i provided them with marriage certificate for my extn.. It was provided in inital applicaton as well...

N
Yes, we did submit the certificate for initial application. But at that time, there was no requirement for the translator, so I translated it myself.

Thanks for sharing nksg :D

Does anyone know where in London can I get the certification translated with a short time and reasonable price?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 pm

You can get it translated from ATLAS TRANSLATOR in London, near Covent Garden Station. I got few only my certificate translated from them. They have quite a good service but little expensive. Google it and you will find the address.
proper wrote:
nksg wrote:Hi proper,

N
Yes, we did submit the certificate for initial application. But at that time, there was no requirement for the translator, so I translated it myself.

Thanks for sharing nksg :D

Does anyone know where in London can I get the certification translated with a short time and reasonable price?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 pm

I think you need marriage certificate in the following circumstances.

If your wife's current passport, is in her married name, then you need to submit a proof for her name change from maiden to a married name. This proof is your marriage certificate, which should be giving her both names.
See Question B4 of Tier-1 Dependants application form.

proper
Newly Registered

Post by proper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:44 pm

chetanojha wrote:You can get it translated from ATLAS TRANSLATOR in London, near Covent Garden Station. I got few only my certificate translated from them. They have quite a good service but little expensive. Google it and you will find the address.
Thanks chetanojha, I got a quote from there for £75 to translate the marriage certificate. :roll:

proper
Newly Registered

Post by proper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 pm

nnj10 wrote:I think you need marriage certificate in the following circumstances.

If your wife's current passport, is in her married name, then you need to submit a proof for her name change from maiden to a married name. This proof is your marriage certificate, which should be giving her both names.
See Question B4 of Tier-1 Dependants application form.
My wife still keeps her name. :wink:

So does that mean I don't need to provide this certificate then?