ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thanks4urhelp
Newly Registered

Marriage certificate query

Post by thanks4urhelp » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 am

Dear all

First of all, my thanks to all you wonderful people. I have been visiting this site for the last two years and thanks to the excellent advice here, I have

- Got my PBS Tier (1) General visa
- Got my PBS Tier (1) General extended (PEO Croydon) last month
- Got my BRP.

None of this would have been possible without all your help, freely given.

Now I have one more question. I have tried searching through the archives without getting a definitive answer. I do apologise in advance if my search has been deficient and I have managed to overlook the answer elsewhere.

I was married in 2005 in Punjab - an Anand Karaj attended by both families - the usual huge punjabi affair. The marriage ceremony was in a Gurudwara and we were issued a marriage certificate by the Gurudwara. Its a pre-printed format, with our joint picture affixed on this.

We have not had our marriage registered so far.

We also have 2 children.

My wife and children visited me earlier this year in England on a family visit visa. My children have my name on their birth certificates and their passports. My wife does not have my name in her passport.

However, she had provided the gurudwara (religious) marriage certificate in support of her visa application. This was accepted obviously, since she was granted her visa.

Now I wish to apply for Tier (1) General Dependent visas for my children and my wife.

I am wondering if it would be proper and sufficient to again provide the religious marriage certificate in support of her application. Or would it be necessary to get the marriage registered?

Is it relevant that she has been to England (for about a month in April) along with our children on a family visit visa?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

H

thanks4urhelp
Newly Registered

Post by thanks4urhelp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:49 am

Anyone? Any advice?

params0073

Re: Marriage certificate query

Post by params0073 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:37 am

thanks4urhelp wrote:Dear all

I am wondering if it would be proper and sufficient to again provide the religious marriage certificate in support of her application. Or would it be necessary to get the marriage registered?

H
I don't think it would be sufficient. You need to provide the marriage certificate which should be in English.(or you religious certificate translated to English by recognized body or person)

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:42 am

Yes that's correctwhat params0073 said...You would need to register your marriage and get the marriage certificate otherwise it won't be valid..

thanks4urhelp
Newly Registered

Post by thanks4urhelp » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:00 am

My Gurudwara marriage certificate is in English.

But that is not sufficient, or is it?

params0073

Post by params0073 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 am

I still don’t think it would be sufficient. Try to register you marriage and provide some evidence for subsisting marriage.

This will give you more insite :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ate+format

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:53 am

Nope its not..It needs to be signed by a Registrar...Go to your local tehsil office..They will issue you the one..