ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity Allowance - Tier 1 Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wiyyala
Newly Registered

Maternity Allowance - Tier 1 Dependant

Post by wiyyala » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa which was first issued in Nov'2010 and the extension was done in Nov'2012 which is about to expire in Nov'2015 when I would be able to apply for ILR. My wife who is currently on dependant visa which was approved same time when I had received my approval.

The question is about eligibility for Maternity allowance (not about Statutory Maternity Pay) while on Tier 1. Me and my wife are expecting our first child in the start of next year. She is currently working as a contractor and is about to finish the contract in few weeks and I have read that we can apply for Maternity Allowance. The issue is if I apply for Maternity Allowance would it effect us when we apply for ILR, as I understand that as Tier 1 General visa holders we are not allowed to claim public funds. But I have also read that Maternity Allowance doesn't fall under public funds as they come out of National Insurance and these can also be claimed by a non UK citizen.

Would really appreciate if some can please provide some advice and clear our doubts on this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

wiyyala
Newly Registered

Re: Maternity Allowance - Tier 1 Dependant

Post by wiyyala » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Any thoughts anyone ??

BDPK
Newly Registered

Post by BDPK » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 pm

hi any thought anyone please , really need to know about this issue maternity allowance can effect on ILR or not ?thanks

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Please see page 8 of the document in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2_0EXT.pdf

BDPK
Newly Registered

Post by BDPK » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:57 am

thank you very much , found the answer Maternity Allowance is not a public fund , so it will not effect for ILR.