ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical Allowance included in earning computations or not

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Medical Allowance included in earning computations or not

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Senior members,

I have a serious question and need your advise on this.

According to para 99 of Tier 1 (G) guidance

101. We will only include allowances (such as those for accommodation or schooling for your children) in the assessment of your previous earnings if they are part of your remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse you for money you have previously spent.

102. We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in your payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

If medical allowance (not the reimbursements) is included / shown in payslip and there was contractual obligation (as it was mentioned in employment contract as benefits to be paid as part of remuneration package).

Can we include then medical allowance as part of Tier 1 earning. As I could not find any paragraph specifically asking not to include.

Please advise me. Thank you

Malik44

Re: Medical Allowance included in earning computations or no

Post by Malik44 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:19 pm

If you get Medical allowances even if you do not actually incur expenditure on medical (and do not thus have to provide any receipts to your employer to claim the same) then it is not a reimbursement and additionally if its comes up on your every pay slips as well therefore its part of your Earnings.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Malik44 wrote:If you get Medical allowances even if you do not actually incur expenditure on medical (and do not thus have to provide any receipts to your employer to claim the same) then it is not a reimbursement and additionally if its comes up on your every pay slips as well therefore its part of your Earnings.
Thanks v much. Yes this is the case. I have not claimed any reimbursements in the whole period. Plus it us included as a part of my taxable income / earning reported by my employer to hmrc. Mentioned on my all payslips as private medical and also mentioned in my contract as a part of flexible benefits in my contract.

rustYmorRis
Newly Registered

Post by rustYmorRis » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:02 am

Medical Allowance is also a part Of the salary paid out to an employee. The maximum amount eligible for this component is either Rs. xxxx/- Or the actual amount paid out to you as part of salary.