ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing bank statement & bank denied seal(Ccare &print both)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shyamite

Missing bank statement & bank denied seal(Ccare &print both)

Post by shyamite » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

HI,

I understand that this query may has been asked multiple time but I did not get the satisfactory answer so asking again. Thanks for looking in to it.

I missed 3 bank statement of 2013 last year for earning point.
I called Natwest and now received these statements They are colored and clearly show natwest logo on A4 paper but there is no seal or sign.
So,My bank Natwest denied to give me sealed bank statement from past year ( 3 months) for my earning points that I missed unfortunately.

Now to see the difference between online printed one and send by customer care I downloaded online statement and took colored print.
They both are identical (ditto).

I understood that people suggested in past for these queries that It will be accepted by UKBA, but my query is how UKBA will distinguish that it is online copy or sent by bank ( as I am unable to find difference).

Now I asked call center to either seal the copy or give me certificate of authenticity, they denied and said that whatever you have is good for any legal purpose.

Any suggestion, (1) what can make the branch copy different from colored printed copy (2) UKBA will accept any of them as there is no difference at all?

BTW my earning is sufficient after if I remove earning from these 3 months so if I go with these printed/sent transaction docs and ask caseworker it is fine if (s)he is not willing to give point for these months.

Many thanks for replying the old type questions ( I think this seal and signed was very important when we use to take statement from Indian banks as I heard most of UK banks do not seal the statements).

O_Relly

Re: Missing bank statement & bank denied seal(Ccare &print b

Post by O_Relly » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 pm

I don't think it should be a problem, if you mention this in your cover letter. I had a similar experience with HSBC, with zero time to request on phone, so had to walk into bank, and they gave me a print out in HSBC letterhead, which was accepted by UKBA.

Besides, if you are still fine with points even if the 3 months are not added, then you really have nothing to worry, but I definitely get the feeling they should be fine with the statements sent to you by the bank.

ps: have you tried a different branch of Natwest for sign and seal? I have seen with HSBC, I was denied sign and seal in other branches, but was granted in Croydon branch.

Good luck.
Cheers,
OR

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks for reply

Yes I am going to try in different banks branch , finger crossed.

But it is unnecessary headache by bank of such a small things. I wish to gift them a Seal

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:37 am

:-) Lol at 'gift them with a seal.'

The policy guidelines, quote below from pg.20, states,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

ii) Personal bank statements showing the
payments made to you: Bank statements
provided must be on official bank
stationery, and must show payments to
you. If you wish to submit electronic bank
statements you should also provide a
supporting letter from the bank on the
bank’s headed paper confirming that the
documents are authentic.
Alternatively
an electronic bank statement bearing
the official stamp of the bank issuing
the statements will be accepted. This
stamp must appear on every page of the
statement.

Can you request them for a supporting letter confirming that the stmts for 3 months was issued by the bank, at your request since the originals were lost? You can provide them this reference from the policy guidelines as official requirement from the UKVI.

Am still convinced UKVI should be fine if you write a covering letter, explaining the situation, however, this is to buy you peace of mind.
Cheers,
OR

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:40 am

Yea I asked a letter on call center and online support. As expected both denied.
I asked in past to branch as well, they also folded their ney hands.quite obvious I will try again.

I need one more suggestion if can provide.

I have 2 employer for 6-6 month for my earning point.
Individually both 6-6 month individually give enough points for my earning points. The good things that My all 3 missing statements are from first employer duration to is it fine if I show two different earning source( that eventually i have to do).
Now in worst case, if case-worker disallow point from my first employment then will (s|u)he give 0 point for both or give 0 for first employer and points for recent employer?
I know answering these kind of questions are more of speculation but any opinion is welcome.

Many thanks.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:11 pm

There is no need for any speculation here, read the policy guidelines, pg.18 clearly states,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

102. Your overall total earnings can include
those from several sources of work, including
a combination of salaried employment and
self-employed activities.
103. Earnings do not need to have been
with a single employer.

104. Earnings can be considered from
full-time, part-time, temporary and short-term
work.

As long as you satisfy the earnings requirements and score enough points to qualify, it could be any 6 months or 4 months or even just 1 month earnings (within the 15 months prior to visa extension application date) is enough to claim points for earnings.

In summary, if you submit for 12 months, and they are not happy with the 3 months statements, then they will award points for the earnings based for the rest 9 months, and it doesn't matter if the 9 months earnings are split between 2 employers.
Cheers,
OR

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Many Thanks for reply

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:45 pm

To update forum:

Natwest provide the same copy of bank statement ( but you need to be persist on customer care ).
I got for full whole year , the only difference from original to these statements was the blank back page.

UKBA accept duplicate natwest bank statement without seal and sign.