ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC Database Collection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thestar_2009
Newly Registered

PGDM For NARIC Verification

Post by thestar_2009 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:28 pm

I have a done a PGDM(Full time - 2yrs) from an Indian Institute. In India most PGDM are considered equivalent to MBAs any idea if NARIC will verify this to be a Masters degree?

Any similar cases happened before?

thestar_2009
Newly Registered

PGDM from Autonomous Instittue

Post by thestar_2009 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Can someone please confirm if PGDM from an Autonomous instittue (not IIM) will be considrered as a master's degree by NARIC. Any past cases?

MY PGDM was a full time 2yr course by an autonomous institute.

geminivijay
Newly Registered

Question Regarding my MCA

Post by geminivijay » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi All,

Please help me with my question. I have completed MCA from Panimalar Institute of Management Studies and Computer Science, Chennai. This institute is affiliated to The University of Madras, Chennai.

My Degree Certificate and Mark Statements all have been awarded by Univeristy of Madras only. I see that, university of madras is listed in the points based calculator.

Do I need to get a letter from NARIC for my MCA degree?? I am submitting a letter stating that my degree was taught in English. I have obtained this letter from my college, Panimalar institute in their letter head. The letter head also states that the institute is affiliated to University of Madras.

Do I need to worry about getting a NARIC letter?

Expecting a quick response please. I am confused for this reason and am holding my application... Please help..

email257525
BANNED

MBA from a brotish university

Post by email257525 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi
All,

can you one please advise on the followings:

My friend has done his full time one year MBA course from a british university. IS this qualification acceptable to apply for Tier 1 general
Does he still need to have confirmation from Naric or a University letter will be sufficient?
If need to get confirmation from Naric, Does he need to send his both First degree and MBA degree to Naric or just the Master Degree?

Regards

alibaykal
Newly Registered

British taught master's degree

Post by alibaykal » Sat May 23, 2009 11:53 pm

I think there are few different Master's degrees. Masters Degree - research and taught.

Is a "British taught master's degree" equivalent degree valid for 35 points according to the NEW Tier 1 regulations?

neha khera
Newly Registered

where can I check whether my university is NARIC approved

Post by neha khera » Tue May 26, 2009 2:02 am

I was going through the website http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=1 but no where I found about universities authorized/approved under NARIC. Please help??

neha khera
Newly Registered

NARIC approved

Post by neha khera » Tue May 26, 2009 2:13 am

Can anyone check whether the following universities are NARIC approved:

K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai, India
and
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and communication technology (DA-IICT), Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India

kingfahad35

Re: NARIC approved

Post by kingfahad35 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:41 am

Degree: MA PSY ( 2 Years )
Year: 2006
University: Punjab University, Lahore

Degree: BA ARTS ( 3 Years )
Year: 2006
University: Punjab University, Lahore

NARIC: British Equivalent Education = ?
Current Point on Basis of Tier 1/HSMP = ?

Any one can tell
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

Munmun
Newly Registered

Help needed. Please advise as appropriate

Post by Munmun » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:37 am

I have done Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science from a reputed college from India.In the Points Based Calculator it gets 0 points if I fill up my qualification as Post Gradute Diploma. So I got the letter from NARIC which specifies that it is considered as equivalent to Master's Degree.
If I fill up my qualification as Master's degree in Points based calculator, It gives me 35 points.

Please advise if it would be approprite to specify it as Master's degree in my application form. The certificate shows "Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications" but it is considered equivqlent to Master's degree by NARIC.

Shall I go ahead and fill it up as Master's degree or not ?
Thanks,
Munmun

nirmal_kishore

PGDIT

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi Munmun
I just saw your post about your PGDCA being certified by NARIC as being equivalent to a Master's degree. Can you please clarify which college the PGDCA is from? I have a PGDIT from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning and haven't applied for Tier1 purely because I thought the PGDIT is not eligible. But your post is a ray of hope. Is your college affiliated to any major university? Is it listed in the Naric Database?

Sorry for the abundance of questions but I hope you appreciate the anxiety.

Thanks
Nirmal

salloo

Post by salloo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:45 am

Hi All,
The only Engineering Masters degree from Pakistani Universities available in Point Based Calculator are equivalent to UK's Master degree.
Even if they are of 2 years of duration.
salloo

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 am

Awarding University: Nagpur University
Title of Award : Master in Computer Applications
Assesment : Is considered comparable to British Master degree standard.
Year: 2002

Amer Javed
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC Database Collection

Post by Amer Javed » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:55 am

Hye,

I have done 5 years bachelor course in Architectural Engineering & Design from University of Engieering and Technology Lahore. Will i comparable to Bachelors or Masters Degree of Uk.

sujyo

NARIC ASSESMENT FOR MBA - INDIA

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 pm

I applied for NARIC evaluation and got result as postive RECENTLY. and i am posting the same here with assesment result also. Hope everybody who got their universities assessed will contribute to this thread so that ppl can avoid going for NARIC evaluation further.

Please follow this template while posting the same.
COUNTRY OF QUALIFICATION : INDIA
Awarding Institution : UNIVERSITY OF PUNE
Title of Award : MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Assesment : Is considered comparable to British TAUGHT MASTER'S DEGREE STANDARD

quaiquai
Newly Registered

Post by quaiquai » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I was really worried that my Master's degree wouldn't count since it's in a communications field and from and American university. There was a lot being said about how American master's aren't research and won't qualify.

But, I submitted mine to UK NARIC anyway and got back a positive response. I also sent in a letter of support from the Dean of the school but I don't know if that helped at all.

Degree: Master's of Arts in Journalism
Institution: University of Southern California
Outcome: Is comparable to a British Master's degree standard

So even if you think yours won't qualify (I had three lawyers tell me it wouldn't) I'd go ahead and try to get a letter from NARIC anyway. Mine worked!

mafp09
Newly Registered

Qualification Assessment

Post by mafp09 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 am

Dear All ,

I was checking points for my qualifications on following link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator , I have done BS in Computer Sciences and MS in Software Engineering from Pakistan. The points calculator awards zero points for my degrees. What can be the possible reason. Thanks for your help.

Regards ,

hsmpeligibility
Newly Registered

am I eligible for Tier 1

Post by hsmpeligibility » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi ,

I did PGD-MISCA(Post graduation diploma in Management Information System in computer applications) from AICTE approved college,Osmania university.

The course duration was lessthan 2 yrs(3 semisters).Is this equal to UK Master degree?When i checked in points calculator it is showing me 0.

Please help.

rushtoashok
Newly Registered

Is PGDIT from symbiosis accepted for Tier1?

Post by rushtoashok » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:14 am

Hi Friends,

I have a PGDIT from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning and haven't applied for Tier1 purely because I thought the PGDIT is not eligible.
Is PGDIT accepted for Tier1? Your response would be appreciated

Thanks
Govind

manishmadhok
Newly Registered

NARIC Database Collection

Post by manishmadhok » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:21 am

Country of Qualification : India
Title of Award : Final Examination of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Awarding Institution : The Institute of Chartered Accoutant of India
Year of Completion : 2002
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British taught Master's degree standard

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi i did master of business administration from university of punjab and its listed in the Points based calculator. Do ?I still need to get UK Naric letter of comparibility?

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:23 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:Hi i did master of business administration from university of punjab and its listed in the Points based calculator. Do ?I still need to get UK Naric letter of comparibility?

you dont need letter from NARIC.
You can apply directly.

p_p
Newly Registered

professional qualification

Post by p_p » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:22 pm

I want to apply for the UK Tier 1 (Highly skilled workers) permit; I have gone through the UK immigration website and also checked the eligibility in the point based calculator which was successful, but I am having confusion on one point under education qualification, I have done engineering in Electronics& Telecommunication from pandit Ravi Shankar shukla university Raipur Chhattisgarh. I want to know if it comes under professional qualification or no

number99
Newly Registered

Post by number99 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:11 pm

1. does masters of computer applications from Panjab univ chandigarh graduate needs any certificate from NARIC ?
and
2. Do I need to take certificate from univ that the same course is taught in english ?

gaurav031
Newly Registered

Urgent - HSMP Tier 1 queries

Post by gaurav031 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:03 am

Hi All,

I am Gaurav Arora currently working in a IT company. I want to apply for HSMP Tier 1 visa. Can you please help me in answering my below urgent queries. And If possible then please email me as well your reply at gaurav_031@yahoo.co.in

My details :
1) Age - currently 27 - since from this month I have started maintaining balance of Pound 2800 so I would be applying in next April end 2010 and at that time my age would be 28 years and 3 months. My DOB - 27 Jan 1982.

2) Funds - I have just started maintaining and will maintain it. (No worry on that). So by april 2010 I would be able to show last 3 months funds.

3) Salary - Approx. INR 40,000 per month (Gross Salary). I am thinking to apply around next April end i.e. april end 2010, as by that time I would get form 16 from my company and I will file IT return (of income from 1 April 2009 to 31st March 2010 with gross average salary rupees 40000 per month) and can show that IT return for visa application purpose. I can also show salary account (for salary credit verification purpose and salary account bank statement).

4) Education - I did B.com (correspondence from Delhi university in 2000-2003 batch)- I can get certificate from Delhi University mentioning that it was 3 years course and medium of instruction was English.

I did PGDCA (one year Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications) from Kurukshetra university in 2006-2007 through correspondence.

I also did MBA (2 year correspondence course from sikkim manipal university - 2007-2009 batch). I can get certificate from Sikkim Manipal University mentioning that it was 2 years course and medium of instruction was English.

This is the first time I would apply for any visa. On the basis of the above details do you think I can get visa and I should apply for it ?

My Next Query is as follows :

My fiancee studied in UK for 2 years and she did Diploma in hotel management. Around 1 and half year back she came back to India and then applied again for Student visa. however at that time she got refusal from UK embassy. UK embassy gave the reason that she was not able to deposit her fee in time when she did her hotel management diploma earlier and her attendance was also short.

Do you think that we should get married in Jan 2010 and apply together around april end 2010, where I will be main applicant and she would be my dependent ? (ofcourse we will maintain funds which are required for dependent for 3 months)

Is her refusal for student visa going to affect my (main applicant's application) if we get married and apply together around april end 2010?

or Do you think that first I should apply as single and once I get my visa then around may/june 2010 we should get married and then she should apply instantly as my dependent ?

My next important query is:
If you think that first I should apply as single and once I get my visa then around may/june 2010 we should get married and then she should apply as my dependent. Then in this case is it mandatory for me (main applicant) to marry her once I get my visa around may/june 2010 then go alone to UK stay there for atleast 4 months and come back and then she should apply as my dependent ? I mean is it mandatory for me to be in UK for atleast 4 months before I can take her along ?

If it is mandatory for main applicant to stay in UK for 4 months then when I come back to apply for my wife's dependent visa then please let me know what are the all formalities I need to show ? for example do I need to show rent agreement of the place where I am staying in UK ? and also do I need to show my salary slips of these 4 months while working in uk ? (Are salary slips mandatory ? because I guess we can easily show rent agreement but it might be possible that may be during initial 3to4 months I might not get job in UK. And if salary slips are important then is there any minimum salary in pounds that should I earn and should reflect in my salary slips of those 3-4 months so that I can get my dependent's visa done ?
Please let me know about all the formalities in this case.

or do you think that once I get my visa around may/june 2010 then in the same month we should get married and instantly apply for her dependent visa before I leave for UK ? (we will fulfill all the formalities like funds for dependents,marriage certificate etc.)? And what are all formalities in this case to be done to get dependent's visa done ?

I would really be very grateful to you if you reply to my queries ASAP.

Look forward to your quick reply.

Thanks,
Gaurav Arora

anandpathak

typical issue with my NARIC assesment

Post by anandpathak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi Gurus,
I need your help urgently on a unusual assesment done by NARIC .

My qualification details :
Post graduate Diploma in Industrail engineeting
Instute : National Institute of Industrial Engineering
Year of Award :2004.

Today i received a "Letter of comparability" from NARIC stating that my qualification assesment is "is considered comparable to British post graduate diploma standard" The letter was issues on 17th Dec 09.

The unusual part is my Classmate ( same instute, same year ,same course) got the assesment as " is considered comparable to British taught Masters degree standard" .Letter issued of Feb 2009.

This making hell lot of difference for me as with "is considered comparable to British post graduate diploma standard" i can not claim points in education :( for my Tier 1 general.

Please help me if there i anyway i can get this issue resolved.

Best Regards
Anand