ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay slips, expenses, and bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ozgrant

Pay slips, expenses, and bank statements

Post by ozgrant » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:01 am

I just wanted to make sure that when I submit pay slips and bank statements, that my situation will be ok.

My payslip shows salary and expense reimbursement amounts. A Gross for Tax amount is shown (equivalent to salary), and NET pay is Gross Salary - Tax - NI + expenses. My expenses and salary are deposited in a single transaction to my bank account, and matches the NET PAY figure on my pay slip. Is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Pay slips, expenses, and bank statements

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:03 pm

ozgrant wrote:I just wanted to make sure that when I submit pay slips and bank statements, that my situation will be ok.

My payslip shows salary and expense reimbursement amounts. A Gross for Tax amount is shown (equivalent to salary), and NET pay is Gross Salary - Tax - NI + expenses. My expenses and salary are deposited in a single transaction to my bank account, and matches the NET PAY figure on my pay slip. Is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance
that is fine , u can claim salary on which tax is paid for HO purpose

Senonthachil

Post by Senonthachil » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello Sushil

Even i do have the same confusion. My net pay actually qualifies me, but I am concerned, what would happen if I claim points for only the Net salary or should i still try for the gross salary

Many thanks in advance

Senon

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Senonthachil wrote:Hello Sushil

Even i do have the same confusion. My net pay actually qualifies me, but I am concerned, what would happen if I claim points for only the Net salary or should i still try for the gross salary

Many thanks in advance

Senon
u have to claim gross salary on which tax paid

ex

basic 2000
reimb 500

tax on 2000 @22% 660
ni on 200@11% 220

net for tax 1120
net paid 1620

U can claim 2000 as salary
add reimb 250

kunze

Post by kunze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:15 pm

hi
my frend intend applying and has all documents,but he has some doubts to clear.and they are as follows
1) one has a wife and a daughter,but want to apply alone. how much maintenance should one has?
2)should he indicate that he has a daughter and kid when applying?

Regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:20 pm

[quote="kunze"]hi
my frend intend applying and has all documents,but he has some doubts to clear.and they are as follows
1) one has a wife and a daughter,but want to apply alone. how much maintenance should one has?

for self , family documents -passport not to send HO , if their leave expires they need to go back home

2)should he indicate that he has a daughter and kid when applying?

YES , as in future they have to apply agian with fees

kunze

Post by kunze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 pm

what i mean is this
if u have a wife and kid.making 1 main apllicant and 2 dependant, which gives maintenance as £2800 + £ 1600 + £1600= £6000.
If he wants to apply alone (to apply for wife and daughter later) now, how much does he need to show for maintenance fee?

kunze

Post by kunze » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 pm

what i mean is this
if u have a wife and kid.making 1 main apllicant and 2 dependant, which gives maintenance as £2800 + £ 1600 + £1600= £6000.
If he wants to apply alone (to apply for wife and daughter later) now, how much does he need to show for maintenance fee?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 pm

kunze wrote:what i mean is this

self only

Senonthachil

Post by Senonthachil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:55 am

Hello Sushil

Thank you for your reply! One more thing i would like to confirm, since i am submitting the payslip and bank statements, only my pay slip would explain my gross salary, would that be fine?

Or is it ok if i apply only with net salary? that would also qualify me for the points more than 90

Thanks in advance
Senon

ozgrant

Post by ozgrant » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am

Thank you for your reply! One more thing i would like to confirm, since i am submitting the payslip and bank statements, only my pay slip would explain my gross salary, would that be fine?

Or is it ok if i apply only with net salary? that would also qualify me for the points more than 90

Thanks in advance
Senon
I have the same concern. My payslip shows gross salary, net salary, and net paid (which includes expenses). I understand I will only claim for gross salary, but the amount of the bank deposit is the net pay (including expenses). I assume I should just explain this in the covering letter? The amounts match the net paid amounts on my payslip.

Thanks. I'm proably just being paranoid.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am

You should claim your points based on Gross Salary. Though only the pay slip would have the gross salary. The net salary in your payslip should match the bank statement salary credits. They ask for second proof only to correspond the figures. They will be aware of the tax system and can calculate if gross is so much, what would be the net and they cross check whether that net amount is matching with the credits in the bank.

For peace of mind I am pasting an excerpt from the policy guidance and also its link. Go through it thoroughly, it will answer your other queries as well (if any)
Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance page 22 of 44
113.If an applicant is in salaried employment, we will assess the applicant’s gross salary before tax. This includes self-employed applicants who draw a salary from their businesses. If the applicant earned the money in a country with no tax system, we will consider his/her total earnings for the period.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks in advance
Senon
U CAN ADD exceel work sheet explaining all

ukdiscuss

Maintenance

Post by ukdiscuss » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 am

hi,
I have a question.
I read thro' the guidelines pdf and have one question.

I have funds for maintenance in terms of Fixed Deposits, which is due to mature, but not in savings account. Will this fulfill the requirement of the maintenance required?

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:43 am

You can get a letter from the bank stating this money is available for withdrawal as per your wish at any given time. I have seen a template in the boards. Try a search of the boards, you will get the template.

Thanks
Raghavendran G

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 am

Thank you very much for replying.

:)
Can you please give me the link/url for the board's website?
it would be of great help.

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 am

By Board I referred to Immigrationboards. Try a search.

Thanks
Raghavendran G

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 am

Yes i found that there was a format available.

But i would like to confirm if this will make me successful in getting the visa....

Has anyone submitted a letter from the Bank for FD and found themselves successfull?
Kindly let me know.

Senonthachil

Post by Senonthachil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello Sushil and Aruni

Thank you so much for you replies, one more doubt.

I have a personal loan in office, that is displayed in the deduction section in the payslip. that should be ok right?

Many thanks
Senon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helping to make my appication on 19th March

All the way to UK! :D

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Senonthachil wrote:Hello Sushil and Aruni

Thank you so much for you replies, one more doubt.

I have a personal loan in office, that is displayed in the deduction section in the payslip. that should be ok right?

Many thanks
Senon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helping to make my appication on 19th March

All the way to UK! :D
should not be a problem

v_2sdas

Post by v_2sdas » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
ozgrant wrote:I just wanted to make sure that when I submit pay slips and bank statements, that my situation will be ok.

Thanks in advance
that is fine , u can claim salary on which tax is paid for HO purpose
Hi,

My understanding is that the NET PAY amount will eventually show up in the bank statements, which includes the expenses as well .

Now since the Net Pay amount is different from the basic component which one is claiming, will it lead to any confusion for the case worker as the two figures don't match? - The two figures I am referring to are : Salary which you are claiming and the Bank Statement.

Kindly advice.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Why are you digging up threads that are 6 years old. Please stop doing this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.