ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help! ILR for Tier 1 General Visa - Self Employment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khurram2015
Newly Registered

Please help! ILR for Tier 1 General Visa - Self Employment

Post by khurram2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi,

I will apply for ILR on tier 1 general basis and have a couple of questions. Your guidance will be very helpful for me.
For ILR, I will apply on salaried employment basis but when I applied for tier 1 general visa extension almost 3 years ago, I claimed points on the basis of salaried employment and self employment. I closed the self employment later in the year mainly due to job transfer to a different location/salary raise. My questions are:
1) Can my act of closing the self employment earlier be an issue when i apply for ILR, as I used my self emplyment income as part of my total income at the time of visa extension ?
2) The self employment income in my tax return that I filed was a little bit more than the income in my tier 1 visa extension application. Can this be a problem ? (I am asking this as I have read in posts that the income in visa extension application and the tax return should be exactly the same, have I understood correctly ?)

These are probably not the most complicated questions but confusing for me and I would be grateful for any help!

Regards,
Khurram