ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help-Proof of Self Employment and Class 2 NIC payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nand15
Newly Registered

Please Help-Proof of Self Employment and Class 2 NIC payment

Post by nand15 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply under Tier 1 General and am claiming points for self-employed earnings. New guidance says that I have to provide "documentation to show that the applicant is registered as self-employed and was registered as self-employed when this money was earned" (paragraph 138). Then in paragraph 140, they also say "applicant must provide evidence that they were paying class 2 NICs during the period of self-employment used to claim points".

My issue is if i provide the latest quarterly bill for class 2 NICs as per paragraph 141, is this enought to satisfy both the requirements of paragraphs 138 and 140 since you have to be registered as self employed to pay class 2 NICs?

Also, the latest quarterly bill for Class NICs was issued in January, but to claim points for self-employed earnings after this, then do I need to provide anything to show that I was paying class 2 NICs during this period. Only problem is that the next NIC bill will be issued only in April. According to the guidance, it says to provide the LATEST quarterly bill for Class 2 NICs and don't specify that you have to provide all the bills for the self-employed period. So this seems confusing to me. Does anyone know if I need to provide any other documents, if so what documents can I provide to meet these requirements?

Can anyone please help to clarify these above. Thanks in advance.

Nand

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 am

Thats fine. If you add your latest quarterly Class 2 NI invoice, that is perfectly fine. Home office knows that Class 2 invoice is sent quarterly, unless u pay it by direct debit on a monthly basis. In your case, you can send the recent Class 2 NI Invoice (till January 31st 2011).
I see no reason to get worried abt this.

All d best!!