ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on eligibility for ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kanswam

Query on eligibility for ILR

Post by kanswam » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi
I have coupe of queries regarding my absence from the UK.

I arrived in the UK on 22nd Oct 2010 and post 2 extensions to my Tier 1 visa the current validity stands till 3rd April 2016. Based on this, I would be completing the 5 year requirement in October 2015 post which I hope to apply for my ILR. Except for normal absences like vacation to India, business and leisure trips to Europe which comes to around 90 days, I do have another absence from the UK for 80 days. As I went through a jobless period, I took a short contract outside the UK and ended up doing 3 trips which totalled 80 days away.

My queries are below -
1. Given that total number of absences amounts to less than 180 days in the last 5 years, do I need to provide any evidence or reasons for my absence from the UK at all? If yes, kindly help me out with the follow on queries -
2. For the routine trips outside the UK (holidays and short business trips), do I have to provide any evidence? If yes, what is an accepted evidence?
3. For the short contract that I took outside the UK, what kind of justification would be acceptable? Do I need to provide evidence for this as well? If yes, what is acceptable to the border agency?

The reason for my third query is due to the statement in the UKBA website relating to ILR continuous period calculation wherein it states - "Absences must be for a reason consistent with the original purpose of entry to the UK".

Can I simply put it down to being unemployed in the UK hence out of the country?

Appreciate your assistance in helping clarify on the above.

Thanks
Kanswam

kanswam

Re: Query on eligibility for ILR

Post by kanswam » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Fellow Members,
Could someone respond to my query on the evidence, if any, to be submitted for absences totalling less than 180 days over the 5 year period to apply for an ILR?

Appreciate your support

cheers
kanswam

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:25 pm

kanswam wrote:Hi
I have coupe of queries regarding my absence from the UK.

I arrived in the UK on 22nd Oct 2010 and post 2 extensions to my Tier 1 visa the current validity stands till 3rd April 2016. Based on this, I would be completing the 5 year requirement in October 2015 post which I hope to apply for my ILR. Except for normal absences like vacation to India, business and leisure trips to Europe which comes to around 90 days, I do have another absence from the UK for 80 days. As I went through a jobless period, I took a short contract outside the UK and ended up doing 3 trips which totalled 80 days away.

My queries are below -
1. Given that total number of absences amounts to less than 180 days in the last 5 years, do I need to provide any evidence or reasons for my absence from the UK at all? If yes, kindly help me out with the follow on queries -
you need to submit a letter from your employer for all paid holidays.
2. For the routine trips outside the UK (holidays and short business trips), do I have to provide any evidence? If yes, what is an accepted evidence?
you need to submit a letter from your employer for all paid holidays.
3. For the short contract that I took outside the UK, what kind of justification would be acceptable? Do I need to provide evidence for this as well? If yes, what is acceptable to the border agency?
I am not sure about this. But is the money i.e salary credited to UK account? did you pay tax on that ?

The reason for my third query is due to the statement in the UKBA website relating to ILR continuous period calculation wherein it states - "Absences must be for a reason consistent with the original purpose of entry to the UK".

Can I simply put it down to being unemployed in the UK hence out of the country?

Appreciate your assistance in helping clarify on the above.

Thanks
Kanswam

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Thank you Haiksuresh for your response.