ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rohan.kataria
Newly Registered

Questions regarding ILR

Post by rohan.kataria » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:08 am

Hi Folks

I have just been told by my boss that my job is at risk. I have started thinking about my ILR due in Aug 2015. Please if you could help me answer couple of questions regarding Indefinite leave to remain.

My details:
Visa: Tier 1 General valid for 2 years from 01 Aug 2010 to 01 Aug 2012, issued in Mumbai, India.
Got extension for another 3 years from 01 Aug 2012 to 01 Aug 2015.
Living in London from 20 September 2010.

Q1. Can I apply for ILR sometime in July 2015? I would have lived in London for almost 5 years ( approx 2-3 months less, definitely less than 180 days rule.). or do I need to apply for extension first, and then later apply for ILR?
Q2. Do I need to be employed when I submit my ILR application next year? What if I am jobless from April 2015 onwards?
Q3. Regarding income evidence, the website says we can claim maximum 12 consecutive months from last 15 months. What if I have already met the income bracket enough to qualify in points criteria in just 8 months of my income. In that case, can I just submit 8 moths of pay slip?

Thank you for your help.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: Questions regarding ILR

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 am

rohan.kataria wrote:Hi Folks

I have just been told by my boss that my job is at risk. I have started thinking about my ILR due in Aug 2015. Please if you could help me answer couple of questions regarding Indefinite leave to remain.

My details:
Visa: Tier 1 General valid for 2 years from 01 Aug 2010 to 01 Aug 2012, issued in Mumbai, India.
Got extension for another 3 years from 01 Aug 2012 to 01 Aug 2015.
Living in London from 20 September 2010.

Q1. Can I apply for ILR sometime in July 2015? I would have lived in London for almost 5 years ( approx 2-3 months less, definitely less than 180 days rule.). or do I need to apply for extension first, and then later apply for ILR?
Q2. Do I need to be employed when I submit my ILR application next year? What if I am jobless from April 2015 onwards?
Q3. Regarding income evidence, the website says we can claim maximum 12 consecutive months from last 15 months. What if I have already met the income bracket enough to qualify in points criteria in just 8 months of my income. In that case, can I just submit 8 moths of pay slip?

Thank you for your help.
1. Yes, you are eligible to apply for ILR in Jul'15 (assuming you meet the 180 days rule), no need to apply for extension as you have arrived within 90 days when your visa was issued.
2. Nothing to worry, as long as you prove that you have met the earnings threshold and your intentions are to continue to be in employment (try applying for jobs and take a proof like internet printout of jobs applied), also take copies of your employment redundancy letter which will be a strong evidence that your intentions are clear.
3. As long as you meet your earnings threshold does not matter how many months...just take proofs bank statements/payslips/P45(if given when you are made redundant).

Thanks
Sonu

rohan.kataria
Newly Registered

Post by rohan.kataria » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:19 am

Sony - Thanks a lot for your reply.

silk route

Post by silk route » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:28 pm

rohan.kataria wrote:Sony - Thanks a lot for your reply.
Hi Rohan,

I am in the same boat. My ILR is due in Nov-2015 but I may get redundant soon. What did you mentioned in section-5.3 of SET-O? Please share your exp. and advice.

silk route

Post by silk route » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:26 am

silk route wrote:
rohan.kataria wrote:Sony - Thanks a lot for your reply.
Hi Rohan,

I am in the same boat. My ILR is due in Nov-2015 but I may get redundant soon. What did you mentioned in section-5.3 of SET-O? Please share your exp. and advice.

Can anybody help me please ?