ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required documents for Tier 1(General) dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolnspecial
Newly Registered

Required documents for Tier 1(General) dependent visa

Post by coolnspecial » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 am

Hi

Am getting married in March 2014 in India and I would like to apply dependent visa for my wife in the same month. Am the main applicant for Tier 1 (general) visa. Could you please let me know the list of documents I will need to submit for my wife's dependent visa.

Many thanks in advance :)

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Re: Required documents for Tier 1(General) dependent visa

Post by ScopeD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 pm

This UKBA document will be a good starting point http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... en-dep.pdf

coolnspecial
Newly Registered

Post by coolnspecial » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi

Thank you very much for replying. In that link you have provided, they have not mentioned anything about rental agreement and council tax/energy bills.

Could you please let me know whether it is mandatory to include rental agreement and also council tax/energy bills in documentation??

Thanks

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

coolnspecial wrote:Hi

Thank you very much for replying. In that link you have provided, they have not mentioned anything about rental agreement and council tax/energy bills.

Could you please let me know whether it is mandatory to include rental agreement and also council tax/energy bills in documentation??

Thanks
You only need to provide evidence that is relevant. In putting together your evidence for instance, you need to ask the question: what does a council tax/energy bill help you prove to the caseworker given that it is not among the list of required items? If a rental agreement helps you prove that you have made plans to house your spouse and that she has been named as a permitted occupier for instance, you may want to use it as proof that you have made solid plans to maintain a continuous relationship. But you really need to concentrate on the list of requested documents. A common pitfall is lack of sufficient evidence of relationship. You can find examples of the sort of evidence you can provide from other posts on the forum. Also, read this document:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

coolnspecial
Newly Registered

Post by coolnspecial » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm

thanks a lot :D

Majo
Newly Registered

Post by Majo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:10 pm

My wife applied for Tier 1 dependent from Indian last year and I send her my Bank statement (Highlighting the Rent paid) and my Tenancy agreement . I know these documents are not mentioned in UKBA checklist. But my VISA agent asked me to submit these documents too. One more thing you need to make sure is to get the medical certificate from the hospital or Medical Center approved by your local VFS service.
In our case VFS send my wife back on the first day saying that the Hospital from where she got her Chest Xray and certificate is not approved by VFS. In Kerala only Amritha,Cohin and KIMS,Trivandrum are the only two approved Hospitals
Mathew

rana-sugs
Newly Registered

Post by rana-sugs » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi

The given pdf link seems to be an older version from 2011 if I am not wrong.

Can someone please confirm the recent list of the requirements, especially the maintenance funds?

Thanks in advance.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:23 pm

I sincere
rana-sugs wrote:Hi

The given pdf link seems to be an older version from 2011 if I am not wrong.

Can someone please confirm the recent list of the requirements, especially the maintenance funds?

Thanks in advance.
Kindly follow this link please -

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

It is a crazy world, Either people have become so lazy and needs spoon feeding for everything they do OR there is a other set which over do things which is not at all necessary.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.