ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Dependant: Purple category + Accommodation proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Senonthachil

T1 Dependant: Purple category + Accommodation proof

Post by Senonthachil » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:07 am

Hello Experts

My spouse just submitted the tier 1 dependant at Cochin, India.

They have asked for the Accommodation proof, as we haven't submitted it. Then the vfs person wrote at the back for the application, no accommodation proof. Would that have any impact on the application process?

Also they have marked in the back of the application as purple category, what does that mean?
Should I be worried? or am I just being paranoid?

Many thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: T1 Dependant: Purple category + Accommodation proof

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 am

Senonthachil wrote:Hello Experts

My spouse just submitted the tier 1 dependant at Cochin, India.

They have asked for the Accommodation proof, as we haven't submitted it. Then the vfs person wrote at the back for the application, no accommodation proof. Would that have any impact on the application process?

Also they have marked in the back of the application as purple category, what does that mean?
Should I be worried? or am I just being paranoid?

Many thanks.
It is advisable before they start on your application and keep it on hold or may be reject the application in some instances (as the onus of burden is on the applicant not Home Office), send accommodation proof with your application reference number in a separate envelope to the Deputy High Commission or your nearby VFS office.

O_Relly

Re: T1 Dependant: Purple category + Accommodation proof

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:34 am

Accomodation proof is not required and not mentioned in the policy guidelines.

The VFS employees, tend to do this from their own experiences of hearsay and assumption as to what documents constitute a successful application.

I was asked for accomodation proof in VFS, Chennai, when applying for dependent visa for my son. On telling him this was not mentioned in the policy guidelines, he asked me are you submitted docs as per policy guidelines only? I said yes, and he had a 'at your own risk' kind of smirk on his face.

My son was granted visa with no issues.

The note at the back of the app. packet and the purple category perhaps mean something for categorisation to vfs, cochin, but mean nothing to the UKVI.
Cheers,
OR