ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant and Extension Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cipher
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant and Extension Query

Post by cipher » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions with regards to my Tier 1 visa.

I got married in April to an American Citizen and so far my wife has visited me in the UK without the need for a visa. However we are now thinking about her move here on a longer basis and therefore I am attempting to apply for her Tier 1 Dependant visa. I am a bit confused with regards to the maintenance funds requirement. How much do I need to have saved up for 90 days? Also, I have been on a Tier 1 visa since Jun 2010. I will be applying for my ILR in Jun 2015, though my visa doesn't expire till December 2015.

1. Considering that I have been in the UK for over 12 months and I am only interested in applying for a dependant visa for my wife, do I only need to show £630 over 90 days?

2. As I mentioned I intend to apply for my ILR in June. What happens to her visa at that time? Am I even allowed to apply for her Tier 1 Dependant visa in January (considering that I have less than 1 year left on my own visa?).

I would be very grateful for any kind advice.

Regards

Alex

Malik44

Re: Tier 1 Dependant and Extension Query

Post by Malik44 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:36 am

cipher wrote:Hello everyone,

I have a few questions with regards to my Tier 1 visa.

I got married in April to an American Citizen and so far my wife has visited me in the UK without the need for a visa. However we are now thinking about her move here on a longer basis and therefore I am attempting to apply for her Tier 1 Dependant visa. I am a bit confused with regards to the maintenance funds requirement. How much do I need to have saved up for 90 days? Also, I have been on a Tier 1 visa since Jun 2010. I will be applying for my ILR in Jun 2015, though my visa doesn't expire till December 2015.

1. Considering that I have been in the UK for over 12 months and I am only interested in applying for a dependant visa for my wife, do I only need to show £630 over 90 days?

You need to maintain £945 +£630= £1575 for 90 days

2. As I mentioned I intend to apply for my ILR in June. What happens to her visa at that time?

she will continue her leave as Tier 1 General dependent until qualify for ILR.

Am I even allowed to apply for her Tier 1 Dependant visa in January (considering that I have less than 1 year left on my own visa?).

Yes you can apply for her Tier 1 General visa in Jan even you have 1 years left.

I would be very grateful for any kind advice.

Regards

Alex

cipher
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependant and Extension Query

Post by cipher » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:21 am

Hello Malik,

Many thanks for your kind advice. I am still confused - why do I need to show funds for myself when I have already been living in the UK for over 12 months? The PBS guidance is woefully unclear on this aspect. Point 46 on the PBS Guidance document seems to indicate that if the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for over 12 months then the applying dependant will need to show £630. This to me sounds like only the named applicant needs to show their maintainence funds. Since I will not be applying for myself and only for my wife , would I not be showing just £630?

Thank you again for your kind guidance.

Regards

Alex