ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa(self employed) PLS ADVISE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tarun027
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa(self employed) PLS ADVISE

Post by Tarun027 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Hello All,
I know this topic has been discussed numerous times.
I am only posting here after doing my bit of extensive research but failed to get answer for few of my doubts regarding the application for my wife.
I am a contractor and have my own limited company and pay myself a minimum amount of salary every month along with dividend.
My case is like I need to apply for my wife dependant visa from india whom I am marrying next month.

Few concerns, if anyone could spare few minutes and help me with this (apologies for such a long post!!) :
--> Regarding my salary status or annual income I am quite confused what to submit and what should be the supporting documents.

--> I have been drawing myself a salary of hardly 780£ every month, is that sufficient and DO I need to submit my personal bank statement highlighting the same along with payslip, will that support my cause?

--> I started my company last Jan'2013 and asked my accountant to provide me my Tax report and he got it from Jan - 30 Nov 2013. Can I submit this when I will be applying for my wife dependent visa in Feb month ( I cant arrange for Tax report for Dec and Jan as I am leaving for India next week) Or should I also include Dec and Jan month?

--> From accountant, I have got only this generic Tax report and pay slip and dividend voucher, do I need anything else. Any specific document addressing British High Commission, if so could you please share the template?

--> Major issue is when I was drawing myself this dividend and salary, I never maintained consistency, I know my bad :( so when I will show this on my personal bank account will this inconsistency create any problem for my wife application ( inconsistency as in the transfer date of salary for few months is like in 2nd week of month, for few within first week itself, for 3 months I had not drawn dividend and in one month itself I drew in the same day for all months dividends so issues like this...)

--> Do I also need to submit my business account statement?

--> I have minimum funds maintained in my India bank, can I use that account for the same?

Please suggest.
Thanks for your patience and time.
This forum has always been a saviour for people like us!!!

Regards.

LuckyOne
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa(self employed) PLS ADVISE

Post by LuckyOne » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Tarun,

To the best of my knowledge----and others can correct me if I am wrong.
I would suggest you supply your company bank account statements, invoices to the clients, contract copy

--> Major issue is when I was drawing myself this dividend and salary, I never maintained consistency, I know my bad so when I will show this on my personal bank account will this inconsistency create any problem for my wife application ( inconsistency as in the transfer date of salary for few months is like in 2nd week of month, for few within first week itself, for 3 months I had not drawn dividend and in one month itself I drew in the same day for all months dividends so issues like this...)
---This should not be a problem as long as you supply company bank statements (and the company has a steady flow of income). All UKBA is looking for is whether you are financially sound to support your dependent.

Yes. This will definetly help. In addition I would suggest you to submit the contract copy between your company and your client.

--> I have minimum funds maintained in my India bank, can I use that account for the same?
This should be OK as long as the funds are maintained for the minimum period as mentioned by UKBA.

Tarun027
Newly Registered

Post by Tarun027 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:28 pm

@luckyone
Thanks a lot for your reply mate..

regards...

VJAI
Newly Registered

Post by VJAI » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Hello Friend,

Point wise Replies :

Point 1.
Regarding my salary status or annual income I am quite confused what to submit and what should be the supporting documents.

--> I have been drawing myself a salary of hardly 780£ every month, is that sufficient and DO I need to submit my personal bank statement highlighting the same along with payslip, will that support my cause?

Reply :
Yes, you need to provide salary slips, personal bank statements highlighting the relevant credits to the account from time time.
Point 2.
--> I started my company last Jan'2013 and asked my accountant to provide me my Tax report and he got it from Jan - 30 Nov 2013. Can I submit this when I will be applying for my wife dependent visa in Feb month ( I cant arrange for Tax report for Dec and Jan as I am leaving for India next week) Or should I also include Dec and Jan month?
Reply : Yes, you should include the months of December,2013 and January, 2014 and make the report for 12 months from February, 2013 to January,2014.
Point 3.
--> From accountant, I have got only this generic Tax report and pay slip and dividend voucher, do I need anything else. Any specific document addressing British High Commission, if so could you please share the template?
Reply : Yes, you need to provide the financial report of the company, summary of the dividend paid to you and a certificate on the following lines.

To:

The British High Commission,
Mumbai.

Re: Mr. ___________________your Address

We act as Accountants for Mr. ___________________who is the sole director of M/s. _______UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales and also duly registered with HMRC. The company is engaged in ______________________.

NI No. ______________Company Registration No.___________UTR No.__________

We have checked the accompanying accounts of the company for the period from 01, February, 2013 to 31 January, 2014. The total turnover for the period is £20900 and the net profit after the tax provision is £13490 and it is approved by the Board.

Mr. __________has been explained the responsibility of the Board of directors to file the tax return of the company and pay corporation tax on the profits of the company on due date as per taxation laws in the UK.

The accounts show that the company has paid dividends of £12850 (net before tax credits) to Mr. _____________ as a part of his remuneration package in lieu of his 100% share holding in the company.

The amount of Gross dividend after tax credit works out to £14273.The Company has passed the necessary resolution for declaration of dividend.

The company has sufficient distributable profits, as defined by the Companies Act 2006 (as updated), to vote dividends to the shareholders.

The gross salary of Mr. ____________for the same period as above is £18912. Hence his total gross income/earnings for the period from 01.02.2013 to 31.01.2014 are 33185.

The above information is provided for the purpose of visa application and for no other purpose. It is provided in good faith without giving any opinion or holding any responsibility to any parties.
Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact us.
Yours faithfully,

Point 4.
--> Major issue is when I was drawing myself this dividend and salary, I never maintained consistency, I know my bad :( so when I will show this on my personal bank account will this inconsistency create any problem for my wife application ( inconsistency as in the transfer date of salary for few months is like in 2nd week of month, for few within first week itself, for 3 months I had not drawn dividend and in one month itself I drew in the same day for all months dividends so issues like this...)

Reply : Absolutely no Problem. Your company can make dividend or salary payments as per their cash flow and your requirements. There is nothing like consistency in making this payments. You are allowed to draw the same at one go too.

Point 5.
Reply : Yes for the same period as the accounts of your Company.

Point 6.
Reply : yes, and use the OANDA exchange calculator for showing the equivalent in GBP.

Hope, I have been able to clear your anxiety.
VJAI

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Friends,

Can anyone please advise me the documents and maintenance required for dependent visa from Pakistan? I am on Tier 1 General

Many thanks :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:22 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.