ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent extension out of country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tbnag
India

Tier 1 Dependent extension out of country

Post by tbnag » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Experts,

My wife came to UK on Mar 2015 and her Tier 1 dependent visa is going to expire on 22nd Dec 2015. She is currently with me in UK.

I wanted to apply for her extension from India 15 days before her visa expiry, as we are planning holidays at that period.

1. Is it allowed to extend the visa for dependent OUT OF COUNTRY?? If yes, please point me to the right document.

2. I am in the UK for the past 3 years, so I checked that my wife need to maintain 630 pounds in her bank account. Am i right?

Thanks,

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent extension out of country

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 am

I think that she should extend from within the UK before her leave expires. It's unclear if applying for entry clearance breaks continuous leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.