ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent refused - form of the re-apply letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Delmonte
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent refused - form of the re-apply letter

Post by Delmonte » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 am

Hi all

I've been in the UK for 4 years now and recently got married. My husband has been living abroad, and even though our relationship is 10 years old, we were refused his entry due to not enough evidence how our relationship developed while we've been living apart.

Stupidly, we followed the guidelines only and provided no other evidence than just the original marriage certificate!

Since I am 5 months pregnant, we can't wait for the appeal, and decided to re-apply straight away, this time providing all the evidence - thanks to the forum I have quite a good idea what to supply as evidence (wedding photos, reference letters from friends and family, passport stamps showing joint holidays, hospital notes confirming my pregnancy and miles upon miles of chats and emails).

The only question is how to write the cover letter, specifically:

DO WE HAVE TO STATE THAT WE SUBMITTED ANOTHER APPLICATION NEARLY 3 WEEKS AGO BUT WERE REFUSED? Should we say something like "we were refused on the grounds of not supplying any evidence that our marriage is subsisting, this time we are submitting all the documents (listed), and we hope you find them satisfactory".

Would be very much grateful for help, as I have no idea what to do if we are refused this time....!

O_Relly

Re: Tier 1 dependent refused - form of the re-apply letter

Post by O_Relly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Congrats in advance for the arrival of the wee one :-)

Yes sounds perfectly sensible to provide the details of your previously rejected application and provide additional documentation to convince them of a genuine subsisting relationship.
Cheers,
OR