ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependent stay out of UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mnmoin85
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependent stay out of UK

Post by mnmoin85 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:55 am

Hi all
can any one tell me how long can a tier 1 gen dependent stay out of uk in one continous stay. My understanding is 90 days

jayparmar

Re: tier 1 dependent stay out of UK

Post by jayparmar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:56 pm

can someone answer to the original question posted above. I also want to know how many days depedent are allowed to stay outside UK in total during 5 year wait?

Thanks

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:07 pm

There doesnt appear to be a definitive guideline for dependents continuous stay. It says something like there should be good reason for their stays outside the uk if they are longish.

I think the key criteria is that they shoukdnt have stayed outside the uk working a full time job etc. The idea is primary intention is to settle in the uk, so main home should be uk.
Cheers,
OR

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:54 am

For T1G main, it is 180days in 12month period so it is certainly not 90-days.
I too had same misconception earlier.

For T1G dep, there was no rule for 2-year rule but new 5-year rule, it is (1) certainly, should be on same dependent visa for 5-years. (2) dicey, it need not be continuous like main applicant.

Ref Q12 here => http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79378.html

However, to be on safer side (until, I see a case with 5-year rule), I will say consider 180-days in 12-month.
Just to let you know, my wife is on maternity leave and so in India for 155-days (i.e. I am suggesting because I am going with this interpretation).

*Thus, if you find out I interpreted incorrectly, do point out to save me too. ;)

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:09 am

markkalton wrote:All Tier 1 Dependents can stay out of UK for any time they want to. Even for whole time out of UK in 5 years is also applicable.
If this is indeed true, then why are dependents expected to give extensive evidence for cohabitation with the main applicants at the time when both apply for ILR?