ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa for wife and ILR for me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rac_beyondlimits
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa for wife and ILR for me

Post by rac_beyondlimits » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:45 pm

I am making an application for ILR as I have been on Tier 1 General visa for more than 5 years. My wife has been on Tier 1 Dependent visa for 10 months. I imagine she will not be able to apply for the ILR visa as she has not completed 2 years. I am planning to get a 1-day visa service for my ILR. My question is will my wife and me have to make completely separate applications i.e. have to fill in separate forms and get separate appointments for our respective visas? If yes, will I have to get the ILR first and only then my wife can make an application for her Tier 1 Dependent visa?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa for wife and ILR for me

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:09 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sureshkk22

Post by sureshkk22 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 am

Per my experience, you need separate applications and appointments for your ILR and wife's PBS dependent visa. You can have your appointments on the same day, one for you in the morning and one for your wife in the evening which is what I did.
Hope it helps.

sam74u
Newly Registered

Post by sam74u » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:34 pm

I rely wish you a very good luck with your ILR application. It will be a great help for me if you can tell me do you need to prove your economic activity for the ILR or not?
What are the documents required to apply for ILR as a T1 General applicant, as my case is typically like yours.
My opinion about your case is separate applications and separate appointments. Don't go for the postal applications as it might take up to 6 months.

Best
Sam74u

rac_beyondlimits
Newly Registered

Post by rac_beyondlimits » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks guys for the replies. If me and my wife make a separate application would we have to pay different fees i.e. £1093 for my ILR and £1607 for my wife's Tier 1 extension? The reason I ask is because there is an option for "ILR visa with 1 dependent" for £2186.

#sam74u you will have to prove your economic activity. You need to have £630 in your account. You need to should your bank statements (6 months).

sam74u
Newly Registered

Post by sam74u » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:17 pm

How long should I prove my economic activity for?
Is it the whole 5 years or just the last year before the application for ILR?
Thanks for help

rac_beyondlimits
Newly Registered

Post by rac_beyondlimits » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Just the 12 months i.e. the time you are claiming points for.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:04 pm

It need not even be 12 months, if you are able to qualify with earnings from 9 months / 6 months, etc.
Cheers,
OR