ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 Extension - PEO Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sandy4u
Newly Registered

TIER 1 Extension - PEO Experience

Post by Sandy4u » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 am

• Current visa: Tier 1 (General)
• Date of PEO Appointment : 09/12/2014
• Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : March 2015
• Decision : Approved
• Date of expiry of the new visa : Awaiting BRP
• Name of PEO Applied : Solihull
• Number of Applicants: Main Applicant + Dependant

I had my appointment booked at 10:30, reached there around 9:00, there is parking space available in the same building.
We reached into the building around 9:30, there is a nice security lady who greeted us with a big smile and asked us to take a seat after the formalities, she told we will be given token nearer the appointment time which was fair enough.
They have given us the token around 10:10 and we were called to submit our documents around 10:20. The lady who took our documents was very friendly and we exchanged a few jokes :D .
From our conversation I understood that she was not the case worker and we are asked to wait for Biometrics to be taken.
We were called for Biometrics around 10:35 and the gentleman up there was also very nice and friendly and apologised us for making us to wait for 15 minutes which was very surprising after biometrics we waited in the waiting room for about 5 minutes and we were told the application is now under consideration and we can come back after couple of hours. We went to JohnLewis for shopping which is couple of minutes’ walk from the centre. If anyone is visiting Solihill PEO in a day or two there is a closing down sale going on the Town Centre with USC (all leading/designer brands for quarter of the original price).
Around 11:45 our case worker called and asked us why my kid (new born) is not applying at the same time. I told that I am planning to apply back in India as I am planning to leave my kid with his grandparents for few months. He said that’s okay and told all our documents are fine and will call us back in 30 minutes time.
He called us back around 12:20 and said the documents are now ready to be collected. The whole process took around 2 and half hours and everything went so smooth.

Documents Submitted:
• Application Forms
• Photographs
• Payslips
• Bank Statements
• Letter from Employer confirming Maternity dates
• Birth certificate of my kid

Any questions please ask, happy to help...

iffi786

Re: TIER 1 Extension - PEO Experience

Post by iffi786 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 pm

Is that your ist ext or 2nd ext

Sandy4u
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy4u » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:17 pm

2nd Extension, I came 4 months late so I had to go for 2nd extension.

I have seen some one asking on # of years the visa is extended.... I have received my BRP today and I have received an extension of 3 years valid until DEC 2017. My initial application was before April 2010 rules.

suneel_kaul
Newly Registered

Post by suneel_kaul » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi Sandy4u,

I am going to take an appointment for Feb 2015 as my VISA is expiring in Mar 2015. This would be my 2nd Ext. as well due to gap period of 1.5 years, so wanted to understand would I get 2 year or 3 year ext this time.

When will you become eligible for ILR and when will you apply for ILR - I guess you will be eligible in 4 months time for ILR and you got extension valid for 3 years.

Thanks in advance.

Sandy4u
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy4u » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Suneel,

I believe every one get 3 years extension.

Your assumption is correct I needed 4 months for ILR and I got an extension for 3 years

cutipd
Newly Registered

Post by cutipd » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi,

Did you claim points for previous earnings using SMP or out of 12 month period. I am applying for Tier 1 2nd extension soon and was thinking to claim points for SMP. I read the guidance and seems we can claim points for SMP but just wanted to double confirm. I can go beyond 12 month but thought to make the process simpler by just claiming SMP.

Thanks,
Shuchi

Sandy4u
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy4u » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 pm

You can claim SMP, I claimed 1 month from my SMP

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Sandy4u,

Did you submitted your Qualification (educational degrees) and Proof of English Language Test?
Since these are same since my first Tier 1 application, i am thinking of not submitting these again. Hope that would be acceptable?
R