ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Dependant Extension (Newborn)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Dependant Extension (Newborn)

Post by pied.piper » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:18 am

Hi,

I am on a Tier 1 (General) visa which needs to be extended before April 2015 deadline. I already have had my first extension a couple of years ago, along with 2 of my dependants (my wife and my daughter).

My query is regarding the application process for my son who was born here in the UK; he is 7 months old.

We would like to apply together for the entire family (myself and 3 dependants). Is it possible to include our son in the application? If yes, could you please point me to the application form that needs to be used for him, as I think that the Tier 1 (General) Dependant form is not applicable to his circumstances (there are questions like port of entry and ticket numbers).

Many thanks for your guidance on this.

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) Dependant Extension (Newborn)

Post by pied.piper » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Bump!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 pm

He may not need to.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Post by pied.piper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks vinny. We would be flying out to attend a wedding, and thus, I need to apply for my son's visa. The only questions are what's the process if I want to apply at the same time, and what forms to use if I would apply for his visa separately.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 am

I think that they expect him to use the same form as your other dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pied.piper
Newly Registered

Post by pied.piper » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks vinny, once again! You are a great help on this forum. I have finally decided to apply in person for my self and other dependants and then apply for my son (born here) separately as soon as we receive our BRP's. This will also save us some money as I would apply for him via post. Do you see any issues with this approach?