ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general)dependent–Am I qualified to apply permanent?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mayprivate
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (general)dependent–Am I qualified to apply permanent?

Post by mayprivate » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:01 pm

I am currently holding a Tier 1 (general) dependent visa. My question is am I qualified to apply permanent residence in UK?
Let me explain my situation. I came to study in UK early of September 2009, so I held student visa in between early of September 2009 and early of January 2011. Then I held Tier 1 (post study work) visa in between early of January 2011 and early of January 2013.

Meanwhile, I got married with my husband who is holding Tier 1 (general) visa in 2011. My husband tried to apply me as his dependent end of 2012, my application was submitted along with my husband’s Tier1 (general) visa renew application. Unfortunately, my visa was rejected; we made a mistake, because it was the first time for me to apply for the Tier1 (general) dependent visa, so I should come back my original country for the application. Later, I applied in my home country and again it was rejected, it says my personal saving proof GBP650 in bank wasn’t enough for the application, they need me to show GBP1800. However, it wasn’t our mistake because my husband has been worked in UK more than 12 months and dependent’s saving proof GBP650 should be enough and correct for the application. After failed two times applications, I re-applied the Tier 1 (general) dependent visa in June 2013 and finally it was successfully. Hence, I came back UK last year in June 2013 and I am currently holding Tier 1 (general) dependent visa.

I checked some websites, it says “If you applied to come to the UK or for permission to stay here on or after 9 July 2012 for the 5-year family route and that permission was granted, you will need to be in the UK for 5 years before you can apply for settlement.”

The first question is, my husband is going to apply a permanent residence in UK end of this year 2014. Am I qualified to apply as permanent residence in UK same time with my husband? Is it only counted 5 years staying in UK by holding Tier 1 (general) dependent visa? Or they also count 5 years staying in UK (including study visa, psw visa + Tier 1 (general) dependent visa)? My husband and I got married in summer time in 2011 and we have lived together since 2010. And I am not sure do they also count the time while I was holding student visa and psw visa, if they count the total staying time I have been stayed in UK, I can be qualified to apply permanent residence end of this year.

The second question is, if they only count the staying time by holding Tier 1 (general) dependent visa, it still have around 3.5 years to go. It is given around 1.5 year for my first Tier 1 (general) dependent visa stamp. In this case, how long will they extend the Tier 1 (general) dependent visa to me end of this year, 3.5years or 2 years +1.5years?

I would appreciate if you can answer my questions, thanks in advance!

O_Relly

Re: Tier 1 (general)dependent–Am I qualified to apply perman

Post by O_Relly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Student and psw visa are not considered towards your ilr time, you will have to complete 5 years starting june 2013, when your dependent visa was 1st granted.

I dont know the answer to your 2nd question, will have explore UKVI website for the answer. Letts wait until a moderator or another member who knows the anwer to respond.
Cheers,
OR

mayprivate
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (general)dependent–Am I qualified to apply perman

Post by mayprivate » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Thanks for your information.
Do you think they will give me 3.5years dependent visa? I am going to apply dependent visa extension end of the year,my husband will be permanent end of the year and my extension visa will switch from Tier 1(general) dependent to permanent resident's dependent visa,right?