ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General Dependent Extension - Cohabitation Docs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ranarehan

Tier-1 General Dependent Extension - Cohabitation Docs

Post by ranarehan » Sun May 22, 2016 7:00 pm

I am the main applicant and my wife came to UK 2 years ago on Tier-1 General dependent visa. Now she needs to extend her leave. I understand the we don't need to enclose marriage certificate as it was already provided in initial dependent application. Maintenance criteria is met and no issues with that. Regarding cohabitation documents, me & my wife lived at 3 different addresses in last 2 years. Do we need to provide all documents to prove that we have been living together in last 2 years (if yes, how many) or just providing documents @ current address would be enough? what are guidelines / requirements for dependent extension application?

kautya

Re: Tier-1 General Dependent Extension - Cohabitation Docs

Post by kautya » Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

No cohab documentation has been asked if you are applying for PBS dependent extension. I have recently posted my wife's application. Just included the bank statements and the online form and checklist.

ranarehan

Post by ranarehan » Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 pm

kautya wrote:No cohab documentation has been asked if you are applying for PBS dependent extension. I have recently posted my wife's application. Just included the bank statements and the online form and checklist.
Was it successful? how many months bank statement did you include? what other documents did you attach?

kautya

Post by kautya » Tue May 24, 2016 9:21 am

ranarehan wrote:
kautya wrote:No cohab documentation has been asked if you are applying for PBS dependent extension. I have recently posted my wife's application. Just included the bank statements and the online form and checklist.
Was it successful? how many months bank statement did you include? what other documents did you attach?
3 months bank statements but I included mine for 6 months as I had them anways. UKVI have received the application, awaiting the outcome. Only posted it a week ago. I know other friends who have applied with the same set of documentation and got the visa. Did not attach anything other than what UKVI have specified (i.e Wife's passport, photo, bank statements, checklist and the online form). Subsisting relationship evidence is only required if you are applying the first time not for the extension as specified in the guidance notes.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:19 am

I did the same -- only sent application, passports, BRP cards, bank statements (to show maintenance funds) and passport sized pictures.. Sent by post, and got BRP in less than 3 weeks