ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General Dependent Maintenance & Healthcare Surcharge

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Tier-1 General Dependent Maintenance & Healthcare Surcharge

Post by hammad.77 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:22 pm

I am a British citizen and my route was 5 years on Tier-1 General. My wife is short of 5 months to complete her 5 years on Tier-1 General dependent visa. So therefore, she needs another extension of Tier-1 General dependent.
  1. For the extension, how much maintenance funds are required to be maintained? I am living in UK for over 12 months with my wife and son. My son is already British citizen. Is it going to be £630 or £2205 (£630 x 2 + £945)
  • Also, I understand that my wife has to pay healthcare surcharge. After 5 months, when she gets ILR, can she get refund of rest of the healthcare surcharge?
  • Also, I understand that my wife can immediately apply for naturalization after getting ILR. Is it correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 General Dependent Maintenance & Healthcare Surcha

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:07 am

When did she APPLY for her Tier 1 G dependent visa?

When did she ENTER the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hammad.77
Newly Registered

Post by hammad.77 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:23 am

She applied her entry clearance in August 2012 after new rule. She entered UK in January 2013. Her first extension on tier- general was done in July 2014.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:45 pm

I am also in your boat. How much is extention fee?

And your case maintenance is 630 if only she is applying and for
Naturalization upto my knowledge. ....yes.

Other than maintenance, what else need ,I mean do we need to prove our job , self employment which showing thar we accommodate or ?

Please reply

quote="hammad.77"]I am a British citizen and my route was 5 years on Tier-1 General. My wife is short of 5 months to complete her 5 years on Tier-1 General dependent visa. So therefore, she needs another extension of Tier-1 General dependent.
  1. For the extension, how much maintenance funds are required to be maintained? I am living in UK for over 12 months with my wife and son. My son is already British citizen. Is it going to be £630 or £2205 (£630 x 2 + £945)
  • Also, I understand that my wife has to pay healthcare surcharge. After 5 months, when she gets ILR, can she get refund of rest of the healthcare surcharge?
  • Also, I understand that my wife can immediately apply for naturalization after getting ILR. Is it correct?
[/quote]

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:41 pm

hammad.77 wrote:I am a British citizen and my route was 5 years on Tier-1 General. My wife is short of 5 months to complete her 5 years on Tier-1 General dependent visa. So therefore, she needs another extension of Tier-1 General dependent.

1. As per the rules and general practice £630 is fine on your case as you and child free from immi restrictions.
-(But yes I think the same way what you think, though it is not required but for mental peace I would show £2205 on your situation, coz to support someone I must support myself first, logically. or else good to show £630 maintenance from applicant account ).

2. though you need 5 months only but I believe they will give visa for 3 years. hence there will not be any refund when they give you visa for the full period, even if you settle before completing this period still no refund. they refund only for the overlapping period (has to be minimum 6 month or more) when/if you paid again for another application.
- nhs running on deficit, so leave it :D

3. yes. once she have ILR, you do not need to wait a year for a British wife :P