ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General dependent (tier 1 extension or FLR(M))

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samiconcai
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General dependent (tier 1 extension or FLR(M))

Post by samiconcai » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi There,

I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa (originally issued on 7th April 2010 based on rules placed before 6th April 2010 and got an extension in March 2013 up until April 2015) and completing 5 years in April 2015.

Soon I am going to apply for ILR (around Mid March 2015), very straight forward case as most of the rules are same as Tier 1 with an exception of LifeInUk Test which I have already passed.

However, I am confused and also very concerned regarding my wife visa.

My wife came here as Tier 1 Gen dependent in October 2013 and needs to complete 5 year to be elligible for ILR and her CURRENT leave will expire in April 2015 (By that time she will only complete 1.5 years)

What Visa we should apply to extend her visa, Tier 1 dependent extention or FLR (m)??

If we go for TIER 1 Dependent ext or PBS dependent, then the next extension will be of 3 years, which will take her to 4.5 at the end of that extension. She will still be short of 6 or 7 months to be eligible for ILR.

I read on lot of places that extensions are closign NEXT YEAR APRIL 2015.

So what will happen to her, when her extension will expire in 2018? how will she renew in 2018 (when she will be 7 months short of 5 years required stay) as the TIER 1 extensions are closing next year 2015.

Also If I have to then apply for FLR(M) in 2018 she will have to start all over again and it will be waste of 4.5 years.

Or you think a sensible solution is to go for FLR (m) now and only waste last 1.5 years.

PLEASE ITS URGENT.

Many Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General dependent (tier 1 extension or FLR(M))

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:25 pm

What Visa we should apply to extend her visa, Tier 1 dependent extention
I read on lot of places that extensions are closign NEXT YEAR APRIL 2015.
Applicable to main applicants not PBS dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samiconcai
Newly Registered

Post by samiconcai » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks CR001

Really appreciate your help.

So Can I apply for early PBS dependent extension for my wife even though my Tier 1 Gen (Main application) will expire in 3 months time?

Also on what basis my wife will get another PBS dependent extension after 3 years because I (Main application) will be on ILR/citizen.

Also if in case someone similar to my situation decided to go for FLR (M), what is a duration of FLR(M) visa?

Thanks...

samiconcai
Newly Registered

Post by samiconcai » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi everyone,

This is just to let people know if you are also in a similar fashion.

I called home office regarding my query about my wife visa i.e. FLR(M) or PBS dependent extension.

The didn't tell me if Tier-1 extension is only closed for the main applicant from 6th April 2015. So there is a possibility that it's also closed for dependent as well. I might be wrong here

I asked him about my wife visa and raised my concerns about another extension after 3 years, because she will still be short of 8 months to be able to qualify for ILR. He goes she will get visa for more than 3 years (whatever the required duration is, so she can qualify for ILR after that). In my case she will get extension of 3.8 years.

I also asked him about FLR(M) ... and Yes I can also apply for that as well but it will reset her time already spent in UK.

I was considering FLR(M) because of my concerns about no more tier-1 extension after April 2015 and v.high tier-1 fees which is around £2000 for same day application but after speaking to home office... i think I'll go for Tier-1.

pmnagendra123

Post by pmnagendra123 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi samiconcai, Im in a similar situation as your wife. I got my PBS dependant visa in October 2013 too. My visa is expiring in April 2015 and I am confused between FLR(M) and PBS Extension.

I spoke to my lawyer and he says - once Tier 1 General is closed for the main applicants. Home office will not allow any Dependant extensions in the same category. So looks like its going to be one final extension. But the fact of the matter is will the Home Office issue a 3.8 years visa? Its really confusing and stressful.

NAJEEBNAAZ
Newly Registered

Post by NAJEEBNAAZ » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi samiconcai
which visa did your wife eventually apply and if you could share the outcome also please
my husband received ILR on 7th March 2015 (based on 5yr Tier 1 general)
As a dependent I am confused with options of PBS dependent and FLRM. Are you able to comment prons and cons of the two pls?

Many Thanks,
AN

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:32 am

Guys,
I just called UKBA and they clearly said they are only closing extensions for main applications from 6th apr 2015. Dependets can still extend under tier 1 general after 6th april .2015

Thanks,
Krish.

pmnagendra123

Post by pmnagendra123 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Krish19 wrote:Guys,
I just called UKBA and they clearly said they are only closing extensions for main applications from 6th apr 2015. Dependets can still extend under tier 1 general after 6th april .2015

Thanks,
Krish.
Your reply is much appreciated Krish.

Thanks