ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension applications - PEO Experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gbalijaa
Newly Registered

Cardiff PEO

Post by gbalijaa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:09 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 19-April-2013
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : June 2013
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : Awaiting BRP
5. Payment mode : Debit card
6. Name of PEO Applied : Cardiff PEO

After enduring the nightmare of securing a PEO application, we finally managed to get the appointment for Cardiff PEO. We arrived in Cardiff one day prior to the appointment date. All documents were xeroxed and filed. We were making two applications - Main applicant and one dependent.

We arrived half an hour early to the PEO. Got through the security check in just under 5 minutes. After waiting for nearly 45 minutes, the case worker took us in and explained to us about the procedure. He din't care much about the folders or post-it on the documents. He mentioned about the price hike for dependents. We preferred not to comment much about the issue. He asked us to submit our documents and go have a tour of the city center and get back to the office by 2:30 PM.
We were asked to give the Biometric before we left. Finished Biometric in 10 minutes. You will need to fill a form at the Biometric which asks details like where was the last time you got your biometric etc

Main applicant in our case had two spent convictions - One for speeding and the other - LC20 (driving on indian license after a year). We did mention both of these in the application. One tip is here is don't try to hide anything in the application.

At 2:30 we got a call asking us to come in to the PEO. A wait of 10 minutes and an officer called our names and handed the approval letter. No questions, No interviews. He told us that our BRP's will be couriered within a week.

Overall, Cardiff PEO was a pleasant experience. Staff are friendly. There is no photo booth in the PEO so please be prepared with your photographs and don't wait till the last minute.

Documents submitted:

Main applicant -
1) Passport, BRP
2) Salary statements - 12 months
3) Bank statements - 12 months
4) Employment letter
5) P60

Dependent:
1) Marriage certificate
2) Council tax demand form for proof of co habitation
3) Driving license for address proof.

Although the officer did not ask for xerox copies, we did submit them. Guess it was helpful to them as they did not return any of xeroxed documents back.

Thanks to this forum as we did follow few tips and found it very helpful.

glasgow15
Newly Registered

RE: Liverpool PEO Experience

Post by glasgow15 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 pm

1. Current vignette : Tier 1 General Ext
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 22-APR-2013
3. Number of dependants: 0
4. Employment: Dividents+ Salary
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 16-May-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : Waiting for the card
7. Payment mode : Credit Card
8. Name of PEO Applied : Liverpool
9: Approval letter: Given on the same day
10. BRP Received on: still waiting

Overall, a very pleasant experience, premium fee well spent.

Reached at 0930, appointment was 10 am. After security, went to first counter where she just checked the passport and application form and generated a Premium Service token, then payment counter. After 15 minutes, i was called by 1st line case worker who took all my docs and asked what type of application is it ? This guy was very nice and informed that someone else is going to look into my application. After 20 mints, I could see one girl picked up my folder and started processing my case. The case worker looked pretty experience and kind of work-alcoholic (I could see she had 2 cups of coffee just while dealing with my application). She did not speak to me, neither called me for once. After 30 mints passed with no contact, my guess was 'everything looks okay' otherwise i could be given a letter with bullets points as happened with few of other guys.

Overall, staff was very nice

life2enjoy
Newly Registered

Re: Cardiff PEO

Post by life2enjoy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 am

gbalijaa wrote:1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 19-April-2013
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : June 2013
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : Awaiting BRP
5. Payment mode : Debit card

After enduring the nightmare of securing a PEO application, we finally managed to get the appointment for Cardiff PEO. We arrived in Cardiff one day prior to the appointment date. All documents were xeroxed and filed. We were making two applications - Main applicant and one dependent.

We arrived half an hour early to the PEO. Got through the security check in just under 5 minutes. After waiting for nearly 45 minutes, the case worker took us in and explained to us about the procedure. He din't care much about the folders or post-it on the documents. He mentioned about the price hike for dependents. We preferred not to comment much about the issue. He asked us to submit our documents and go have a tour of the city center and get back to the office by 2:30 PM.
We were asked to give the Biometric before we left. Finished Biometric in 10 minutes. You will need to fill a form at the Biometric which asks details like where was the last time you got your biometric etc

Main applicant in our case had two spent convictions - One for speeding and the other - LC20 (driving on indian license after a year). We did mention both of these in the application. One tip is here is don't try to hide anything in the application.

At 2:30 we got a call asking us to come in to the PEO. A wait of 10 minutes and an officer called our names and handed the approval letter. No questions, No interviews. He told us that our BRP's will be couriered within a week.

Overall, Cardiff PEO was a pleasant experience. Staff are friendly. There is no photo booth in the PEO so please be prepared with your photographs and don't wait till the last minute.

Documents submitted:

Main applicant -
1) Passport, BRP
2) Salary statements - 12 months
3) Bank statements - 12 months
4) Employment letter
5) P60

Dependent:
1) Marriage certificate
2) Council tax demand form for proof of co habitation
3) Driving license for address proof.

Although the officer did not ask for xerox copies, we did submit them. Guess it was helpful to them as they did not return any of xeroxed documents back.

Thanks to this forum as we did follow few tips and found it very helpful.

Hi ,

Did you get your new visa start date from expiry of current visa?

rajsingh04
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh04 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 30-APR-2013
3. Number of dependants: 1
4. Employment: Salary
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 12-May-2013
7. Payment mode : Debit card
8. Name of PEO Applied : Sheffield

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks to all on this board who helped each other.

i had a very good experience at PEO. all staff were friendly and helping. my case took around 3 hours in total from security check until final decision.

it was quite smooth process.

Any questions are most welcome.

Thanks
raj

crazyuser
Newly Registered

Post by crazyuser » Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm

crazyuser

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 2-May-2013
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 19-May-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : Waiting for the card ,but they asked to sign a BRP paper which mentioned 2-May-2016
7. Payment mode : Debit Card
8. Name of PEO Applied : Belfast
9: Approval letter: Given on the same day (visa for 3 years)

First of all, a big thank you to this forum(specially for "vapollo" &"eclairs" user pervious posed about belfast exp.) for helping out with all my queries.

Folks if you get a Belfast appointment do not hestitate...grab it. Flew into Belfast International took the 300 bus to Belfast City centre about 40 mins.... comfy seat and clean bus. Cost 10 quid return

Took Bus 6a (to Forestside- 15mins cost 3.5 quid on day pass) stops outside of Home Office about 1 minute walk.

As my flight was back in evening spent some time in city sightseeing main attraction was Titanic Belfast,City hall and victoria square dome

Thanks everyone in this forum once again...!!!

Good luck to you all...!!

rzbca
Bangladesh

Glasgow PEO Experience

Post by rzbca » Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 2-May-2013
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 18-May-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : 2-May-2016
8. Name of PEO Applied : Glasgow
10. BRP Received on: 07/05/2013

It was great experience overall.Had appointment for 11 AM but went early,my caseworker a lady ask for all the docs but said I don't need masters certificate and marriage certificate because we provided this before.After 5-7 mins of checking she called and said docs looks ok and someone will call for biometric in 15 mins and they will give decision in 2 hours.After biometric we waited hour and half and they called again and a senior case worker given us the good news and said all your papers are very organised.I provided a earning statement where it shows payslip date and the date money paid into the account that really helps to understand and save time to look at also I highlighted all the payment in my bank statement .

Overall it was a smooth and quick process.I really recommend Glasgow PEO as the staffs are polite and if you need it done ASAP then it is better to pay extra and use 1 day service if you only show your income as an employee.

Good luck to all!!

Aptechites
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aptechites » Wed May 08, 2013 5:43 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 16-April-2013
4. Employment: Salary + self employment
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 19-may-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : waiting
8. Name of PEO Applied : Cryoden
9: Approval letter: waiting
10. BRP Received on:
Had appointment for 14 PM but went early,my caseworker a lady ask for all documents.After 5-7 mins of checking she called and said docs looks ok and someone will call for biometric in 15 mins and they will give decision in 2 hours.After biometric i waited hour and half and they called again and said you can go home today as because of strike we did't have any senior case worker who looked into your case after that I went home came back next day and they gave me one letter that I have to submit some extra document e.g. Contract letter for self employment I submit these document next week on 23-04-2013 and still waiting for my visa anybody
knows how much time they will take after submitting the document ?

Thanks

bird11
Newly Registered

Liverpool PEO

Post by bird11 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 10-May-2013
4. Employment: Salary (32K) + Self Employment (3K)
5. Date of expiry of the new visa : 10-May-2016
6. Payment mode : Debit Card
7. Name of PEO Applied : Liverpool
8: Total Time Taken: 3 hours
10. BRP Received: Awaiting

My Advice: Please take photocopies of all of your documents. They did ask me for photocopies which I didn't have so it took an extra 15 minutes of their time.

No questions were asked by the case worker. Very good experience.[/i]

saq427

Post by saq427 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 07-05-2013
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 17-05-2013
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 17-05-2016
5. Payment mode : Debit Card
6. Name of PEO Applied : Croydon PEO
7: Total Time Taken: 3 hours
8: Approval letter: Same day
9. BRP Received: 10-05-2013

Appointment was 11 am. Everything went very smooth, by 11.30 bio-metrics was done. After that went to canteen and just waited for my token number to be called. At 2.30 my number was called and told that my application has been approved. Very simple, Very fast, no questions and no problems at all.

Many Thanks for the members who helped answering my questions.

waqar123
Newly Registered

Post by waqar123 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi
I applied on the same day in croydon and had the same case of salary+dividents. They asked me to send my invoices to them and I sent them on 22/04/13. I received their another letter on 07/04/13 in whihc they asked me for my company bank statement which I have sent them yesterday I dont know when they will reply me. Please let me know when u will get reply

Aptechites wrote:1. Current vignette : Tier 1 General Ext
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 16-April-2013
4. Employment: Salary + self employment
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 19-may-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : waiting
8. Name of PEO Applied : Cryoden
9: Approval letter: waiting
10. BRP Received on:
Had appointment for 14 PM but went early,my caseworker a lady ask for all documents.After 5-7 mins of checking she called and said docs looks ok and someone will call for biometric in 15 mins and they will give decision in 2 hours.After biometric i waited hour and half and they called again and said you can go home today as because of strike we did't have any senior case worker who looked into your case after that I went home came back next day and they gave me one letter that I have to submit some extra document e.g. Contract letter for self employment I submit these document next week on 23-04-2013 and still waiting for my visa anybody
knows how much time they will take after submitting the document ?

Thanks

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 pm

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 General Extension
2. Date of PEO Appointment: 20-May-2013
3. Number of dependants: 2
4. Employment: Salaried +Self Empoyed
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 03-June-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa: 03-june-2016
7. Payment mode: Debit Card -Barclays
8. Name of PEO Applied: Croydon
9. Decision : Approved -same day
9: Approval letter: same day
10. BRP Received on: 28-05-2013

details on
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=135403
Last edited by Bijuk on Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megatop

Post by megatop » Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 General 
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 17 MAY 2013
3. Date of expiry of current leave : 01 June 2013 
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 17 MAY 2015 
5. Payment mode : Credit card (Amex and HSBC)
6. Name of PEO Applied : Solihull (Self + 1 dependant)

Appointment was at 9AM. Entered at 8.40AM. Had to search for quite some time since the signage was not very clear.
Security check - asked to switch off cellphone
Reception checked the appointment letter and application form + passport and asked to be seated. He asked for the payment mode.
In 5 mins a person from reception came and gave the ticket along with a form. The form contained the process to expect on the day and a feedback form at the back.
Waited for 5 mins and was called to a counter
Greeted counter staff. Asked for VAF and passport and started looking into it.
She informed that the visa validity would be from date of decision.
Handed over a questionnaire that contained declarations from me about Evidence requirements, Date of decision, Dependant details etc etc.
Signed it and passed it over.
She took off the payment details from both applications and deposited to a desk that would fax/ email for payment processing
She now started looking into the VAF and its correctness.
Started asking for all evidences one by one as it appeared on the VAF.
Started entering stuff on a working sheet and entered points awarded.
She went to photocopy my passport and made checks on some other terminal.

CW: You are self-employed, right ?
Me: I am a director of the company and an employee as well.

After doing all checks at the terminal using the passport...

CW: Can I have proof of your PAYE/ NI payment?
Me: I do not have any HMRC doc for it. You can verify that using my personal bank a/c statement.
CW: Ok. (starts checking every transaction at a glance)
And she finally said that everything looks ok at this point and asked me to wait at the seating area and await BioMetric call.

Went to a booth to give biometrics. Was asked about previous instances where finger prints were given and was asked to sign a form.

Was later asked to come back at 1145 to collect decision.
Went back at 1145 and yes it was approved :).

End to end time was 3 hrs.
Took NO photocopies.
Formal attire.

Docs submitted
-----------------------
VAF + photos + Passport
Payslips
Invoices
Dividend vouchers
HSBC personal statement
Letter from accountant + invoice summary
Masters certificate (was asked specifically)

Dependant docs
------------------------
Marriage cert
Water bills
Tenancy agreement

ssrao
Newly Registered

Post by ssrao » Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Current vignette : Tier 1 General Ext
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 30-May-2013
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 21-Jun-2013
8. Name of PEO Applied : Croydon

Total time: Under 3 hrs
My appointment was at 9:30 and I reached around 9 after security check, My application was checked initially... waited around 10mins to get the token number and pay the fee £1820 ( I paid £100 for appointment booking fee which is booked by my self on UKBA website) after paying the fee waited for 10 more mins then my application was checked by another case worker (exactly I don't know if she is case worker) then she asked me to proceed to give the biometrics. After biometircs done at 9:30
there it self I handed my file. She asked me to wait for around 1:30 hrs. I waited in the canteen there it self (I can see my token number on the screen as awaiting biometric confirmation.... under consideration... ready for collection...) around 11:45 I have been asked to collect my documents.
No questions nothing straight away she said your application has been approved and BRP will be sent to you by post with in 10 working days please check that you have all your documents back before you leave the building.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Documents submitted:
Pay slips
dividend vouchers
VAT registration
accountant letter
share holding letter
personal statements
business statements
degree certificate

additional documents I had in my hand:( but they dint ask for any)

Tax returns
invoices
contract letters
balance sheet made by accountant.

Picabia
Newly Registered

Post by Picabia » Fri May 31, 2013 8:40 am

Current vignette : Tier 1 General Ext
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 30-May-2013
4. Employment: Salary + Contract work
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 9 June 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : Waiting for BRP
8. Name of PEO Applied : Croydon

I found the process pretty stressful, but altogether rather more straightforward than expected. My appointment was at 8:45, and I arrived at around 8:10. It took just under an hour to proceed through security, have my application checked, pay the application fee, and have my biometrics taken. I had made it through all of this by about 9:00; the person who took my biometrics took my application, and told me to return to the cafeteria and wait for my number to be called. He advised of a wait of about two hours.

I expected to be called in for questions about my employment--in addition to my salaried UK employment, I was submitted a small amount of consulting work I did overseas, and I thought they would be liable to scrutinise this--but instead, after a rather nerve racking couple of hours, they called my number at about 11:40. When I went to the window they told me the extension had been granted, gave me my approval letter, and advised the new BRP would arrive within ten working days.

My total time in the building was just under four hours. Everyone I encountered was professional, but very nice. Despite the stress, it was not a bad experience at all. Thanks very much to everyone on here for your help and advice! This place is a wonderful resource, and it made me feel far more confident about my application.

Documents submitted, which I carefully organised by points category with a clear explanatory cover sheet for each category listing points claimed and relevant contact details for banks/accountant/employers:

MA diploma
For UK salaried work--12 Payslips and Bank statements going back 12 months
For consulting work--letter from certified accountant, bank statement from overseas bank account confirming deposit of earnings, overseas tax returns on the work, and consulting invoices.

ddd
Newly Registered

Post by ddd » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 pm

1. Current vignette : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 3-June-2013
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 22 June 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : 3 June 2016
8. Name of PEO Applied : Solihull
10. BRP Received on: 6 June 2013
Last edited by ddd on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rams12
Newly Registered

Post by rams12 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:56 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment : 3-June-2013
3. Number of dependants: 3
4. Employment: Salary + Dividends
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 20 June 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa :
8. Name of PEO Applied : Sheffield
10. BRP Received on: waiting

Arrived in sheffield one day before appointment. took a room in a very near a premier inn - walkable distance. Appointment was at 9:00am in morning, reached by 8:40, had security done by 9:10 and went straight to first counter where in appointment was checked and given a token.

Next had to wait for token to be called, took 40 mins - case worker then took all the documents, told to go to payment counter.

paid fees and then waited for another 2 hours before case worker said to go and do bio metric.

Waited for some more time before case worker asked us to come back in an hours time. Came back at 2pm and voila, extension was approved.

Was tensed as i was working through my own limited company(partial share holding).
Documents submitted:
Degree Certificates
Degree Provisional Certificate
Degree Semester Certificate

Payslips form ltd company
Dividend vouchers, minutes of meeting on company letter heard signed by director and verified by account (stamp of accountant)
Personal Bank Statements for 12 months
Letter from account stating salary and dividends taken for the period claimed.
Reference letter from accountant that they are registered with one of the recognized authorities by UKBA.
P60 for previous years
Employment letter on company letter head

HMRC Employment history letter
Bank Statements highlighting minimum amount in each month statement

Photographs
Marriage Certificate
Children birth certificate
Council Tax bill
Rental agreement
Utility bill

Certificate of incorporation - ltd company
VAT registration certificate
HMRC VAT letter
P35 for company NI paid
Corporation Tax receipts
Latest Annual Return showing share holding information
Business Bank Statements
Draft accounts (Profit & Loss) prepared by account
Contract documents
Remittance Slips

NI Letter
Self Assessment Tax Returns
UTR for main application
Company insurances (PI, Indemnity, etc)
Company Profit & Loss report

Xerox copy of all of the above.

Note: there was a notice stating that natwest bank stops transactions worth more than 1000 till we call them.

Now that extension been approved, i think as long as we have enough proofs for each of the points (age, education, proof of earnings, maintenance funds, etc) and clearly mentioned in cover letter it should be fine.

Thanks all - this forumn has been quite helpful to us.

life2enjoy
Newly Registered

Cardiff PEO experience

Post by life2enjoy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:32 pm

. Current vignette : Tier 1 General Ext
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 24-MAY-2013
4. Employment: Salaried
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 18 June 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : 24 May 2015
8. Name of PEO Applied : Cardiff
10. BRP Received on: 08 June 2013

It was nice experience when I extended my tier 1 visa on last month. I myself applied with no dependents, reached one day before Cardiff and stayed in the nice hotel which was commutable from Home office just 15 min walk. Reached PEO in the morning 8.15 (for 8.30 appointment), cleared the security. I was asked to go to counter where all my documents had been collected (simple documents, Filled form, 12 months payslips, 12 months bank statement, (optional- additional documents employer letter and P60s). After registering the Biometric, I was asked to leave the PEO and was informed , will get the call after application processed.

Roamed around city center of Cardiff, visited the Castle next to city center just 5 mins walk. It was very quiet place with lot of greenery.

after 90 minutes, I got the call asking me to come back to the office, took the taxi from castle just £4 to reach home office. I was told that happy news and handed over the approved letter.

I received the biometric bit later after 16 days of my appointment.

rrr679
Newly Registered

Post by rrr679 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 am

1.Current vignette : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment: 6-June-2013
4. Employment: Ltd company (employed as director)
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 07 July 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa: 07 july 2016
7. Payment mode: credit card
10. BRP Received on: 10 June 2013

Reached the PEO at 8:00 , after security checks,we were given the token at the counter and asked to wait for the registration , after registration we were sent to biometrics and the guy at biometrics took our file and asked us to wait for 2 hrs. At 10:30 got a call to come to the counter to collect the documentation.
The entire process took around 2:30 hrs. , very pleasant staff and overall very nice experience.

Documentation submitted:

Application form (main applicant and dependant)
Dividend vouchers
Corporation tax letter from HMRC
Self-assessment statement from HMRC
Accountant letters
Business accounts (invoice summary, profit and loss report)
Personal bank statements
Business bank statements

Thanks for the updates on this forum; it has been very useful to collect the required documentation.
Last edited by rrr679 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm

1.Current vignette : Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment: 11-June-2013
3. Number of dependants: 2
4. Employment: Ltd company (employed as director)
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 15 August 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa:
7. Payment mode: debit card
8. Name of PEO Applied: Solihull
10. BRP Received on: Awaiting

Reached the PEO at 8:50, had the appointment at 9:10, after the security checks was asked to wait for token number, around 9:20 got the token number. Was called around 9:25, case worker started calculating the fees and then asked the mode of payment, she then asked to wait for few minutes as she has to send a fax to croydon about the payment details. After few minutes came back and started going through application asked for original documents. The following documents were submitted:

Application form (main applicant and dependents)
Pay slips
Dividend vouchers
Corporation tax letter from HMRC
Accountant letter
Personal bank statements
Business bank statements
Company incorporation certificate

CW asked about my lost passport which was missed during my last extension postal application, I replied that I have never received it and applied for new one, she advised me that when I go for my ILR I might want to consider postal application as there might be few background checks which will be required without the original stamped passport.

After 25 mins came out, and waited for bio-metric, which was completed in 15 mins and was asked to come back after 1 hr. Around 11:30 went back and was given my documents along with the approval letter.

Overall a very pleasant experience, process was very quick and the staff was really friendly.

Thanks to this board for all the guidance about the documents.

TIMSMUM
Newly Registered

Pls read......

Post by TIMSMUM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:18 pm

Tier 1 general extension
peo cardiff
15th June 2013
H everyone, I m new to this forum and your experiences have been very very helpful pls kindly read my post below.
I recently applied for a same day service Tier 1 general extension visa today!!. I was told at the appointment that they needed to do some verification checks. They advised it wil take 3-6 months. I have paid almost £2000 for this service and whilst I dont object to their further verification checks(because my income was made in Nigeria) so I suppose they need to check. I do not have 3-6 months to wait around doing nothing. I have dependants with me in the uk and we have lived here legally. I am currently running a business in Nigeria and this is how I support my family here in the Uk.Can you please advise if a letter from a solicitor can help expidite this case. I have to work in order to take care of my family and I need to send in my familys application before their visa runs out at the end of June 2013. Thank you for your advise.

sacro
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Extension - Experience at the Croydon P.E.O

Post by sacro » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:57 am

1. Current Visa: Tier 1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment: 10 June 2013
3. Number of Dependant(s): 1
4. Employment: Employed as the Director of a Limited Company
5. Date of expiry of current visa : 28 June 2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa: 28 June 2016
7. Mode of Payment: Debit Card
9: Approval Letter: 10 June 2013
10. BRP Received on: 14 June 2013

a) Reached Lunar House at 8:30 am for an appointment which was scheduled at 9:10 am.

b) Ground Floor - Went through the security checks and joined a queue. Received a token number slip from the counter after showing the appointment letter, passports & BRP cards. (Total Time : 10 mins)

c) Third Floor - i) Token number flashed on the screen in front of a counter near the waiting area. Handed over the token number slip and made a debit card payment. Was handed over a payment slip and asked to wait until my token number was called in order to submit the application forms & documents (Total time: 5 mins)

ii) Went to an open plan office cubicle (on the right side of the payment counters after my token number was called) to hand over the forms and documents. The official checked the requisite forms and documents and asked me to wait until my number was called for the bio-metric scan (Total time: 20 mins)

iii) My token number was called for the bio-metric scan after 30 minutes. I was asked to check the details (Name & D.O.B) and provide my signature on a B.R.P form.

The official informed that my application would be processed after the bio-metric details were uploaded on their IT systems and asked me to wait in the area next to the cafe until my number was called for the collection of documents .

I was also informed that earnings claimed through self employment or a limited company were processed by a Senior Case Worker and that face-to-face interviews were no longer conducted at the Croydon P.E.O unless there was a major discrepancy in the application or documents which were submitted. (Total time : 45 minutes)

iv) My token number was called after 2 hours and 30 minutes. The official handed over an approval letter and all original documents which were submitted with the application. However, they did retain the accountant's cover letter. I was informed that the B.R.P cards would be received by post within 5 - 7 working days.

Documents submitted:

a) Dividend Vouchers - Stamped & Signed by the Company Director (stating the Gross Dividend, Net Dividend & Tax Credit on each voucher)

b) Bank Statements - Business and Personal (highlight or underline the relevant credit and debit entries to assist the caseworker)

c) Accountants Cover Letter (stating the exact amount of salary & dividends claimed, period for which earnings are claimed and details of their accredited professional membership), an Accounts Document (Balance Sheet, Profit/Loss etc) and a Summary of Invoices.

d) Companies House Certificate of Incorporation & HMRC documents (relevant letters, tax receipts etc) with reference to the limited company.

e) Contract with clients & invoices (stamped and signed by the director)

f) All other relevant documents which were submitted with the initial application

Please note that my experience at the Croydon P.E.O was quite satisfactory.

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:59 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment: 10-June-2013
4. Employment: Salaried(31K) +Self Employed(4k)
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 13-June-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa: 10-June-2016
7. Payment mode: Debit Card
8. Name of PEO Applied: Sheffield
9. Decision : Approved - Same day
9: Approval letter: Same day
10. BRP Received on: 13 June

It was good experience, very straight forward. Appointment was at 9am, reached PEO building by 8:45, gone through the security checks. Was told to go Counter 7 and take a ticket number. Waited for few mins before getting called at another counter to submit the application, documents and took the payment. After 30 mins they called me in for biometrics(the woman who took my biometrics was annoyed at me for eating chocolate..lol, she was on diet and couldn't resist, so asked me to keep it away from her). After biometrics had to wait for about 45mins, at 10:45 the case worker called me and said 'everything is fine with the application, will make a decision in 45 mins and I can go out if I want to'. I went to nearby mcdonalds had a meal and returned. Had to go through security checks again. Went straight to counter 7 and she gave me the approval letter(3 years from that day) and all supporting documents. All done by 11:30

Documents provided:

Payslips(12 months)
Bank statements(12 months)
Employment letter
Passport+old BRP
UTR letter
Invoices
NI contributions slip
Accountant statements

Thanks to everyone in this forum for your information and help. :)

samkol18
Newly Registered

Tier1 : PEO Experience

Post by samkol18 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier1 General
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 18 June 2013
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 20th June 2013
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 20th June 2016
5. Employment: Limited Company Director(IT Contractor)(Salary+Dividends)
6. Payment mode : Debit Card
7. Decision: Same Day
8. BRP Received: Yes
6. Name of PEO Applied : Croydon

First of all I would like to thank the people on this thread as a lot my doubts were cleared after reading their posts.Also would like to thank the Visa Consultant as he was very clear about my application and guided me accordingly. Looking back, the last three months have been very stressful, a lot of sleepless nights and a few nightmares as well. However, the PEO experience was fantastic.

Appointment was at 9.55 am. Reached at 9.30 am. Waited at the entrance for 10 mins. Then airport style security check. Got the token number. Went upstairs and paid the fees. Then was called for biometric, submitted
the documents. Waited for a hour and half. Got called to collect documents and approval letter. So total time spent at the PEO was nearly 4 hours. Everybody was nice and polite.

Had to show 55000 as earnings. Showed 8400 as salary and 48000 gross dividends. Documents submitted:
Salary Slips
Dividend Vouchers(signed by me as director)
Business bank statements-12 mnths
Personal bank statements-12 mnths
Invoices
VAT reg and returns.
HMRC letter for PAYE number
Marriage Certificate
Degree Certificate- tho not necessary i think.

This might help somebody: I had not taken the Salary every month as per the salary slips. So made an Excel table to show Salary of each month with details given on the slips like date etc. and mentioned in the end for the all the entries that I have taken the Salary in of two payments(date as per bank statement). Got this letter signed and stamped from accountant and got it printed on accountant letterhead.

Thanks and good luck.

neti

Tier 1 : PEO experience

Post by neti » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:00 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 + 1 dep.
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 12/07/13
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 05/10/13
4. Date of expiry of the new visa : 12/07/15
5. Payment mode : Debit Card

Decision made in 4 hours, received BRP in 5 days.

Documents Submitted:

1. Tier 1 Main Applicant - Application Form + 2 Photos
2. Passport and old BRP.
3. Online Payslip Print (stamped and signed by employer) - 12 months.
4. Original HSBC Bank statement - one those come home every month - for 12 months
5. Degree Certificate (these are Not required, yet i submitted same which was submitted for previous application)
6. NI Letter from home office (Not required, I had one so I submitted same)
7. Paysheet excel sheet showing monthwise gross and net sort of cover letter document.

1. For Depedent - Application form + 2 photos
2. Marriage Certificate.

Experience:
1. Appointment was at 12.30, Reached at 12.00
2. Security guard allowed in, with bag and water bottle ( i guess water was very less in bottle ), security kept out Deodrant. Airport type security
3. Once in, after 30 mins person called name, and asked to come at specific window
4. around 15 mins at window - asked basic questions - Type of application, number of dependents, if 200£ appointment fees is paid, self employed or salarised etc... told me decision may not be made same day. Gathered all the document specifically asking for each - application form, photos, passport, BRP, proof of income - salary slips, bank statements, qualification documents etc ( i think in that sequence) ; then for depedent - application form, photos, marriage certificate.
5. asked to wait for Biometric
6. Biometric person tried to chat us up (asking details of job etc), took photo and finger prints
7.Same person (one who took biometric escorted us out and asked us Not to come until called for or when it is 16.00 oclock, he waited until we left)
8. after 3 hours - I came back - tried to re-enter but Security did not allowed us. I told I have extra documents and want to see if they need anymore documents, he still would not let us in.
9. waited outside for further 1 hour, when case worker ringed and called us back.
10. same person who collected documents - informed result as approved. (i think case worker was different person - one who spoke on phone).
11. Biometric cards come after 5 days on home address

Overall satisfied with experience, thought after paying for premium fees and carrying supporting documents, more interaction with case worker would help - in case case worker needed more explanation; Not sure what case worker do incase more documentation is required, do they ask for it right away or simply wait till end of day.

Thanks to all on this board who helped so much as always,

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

2. Date of PEO Appointment: 22-July-2013
3. Number of dependants: 3
4. Employment: Salaried
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 23-Nov-2013
6. Payment mode: Debit Card
7. Name of PEO Applied: Croydon
8. Decision : Approved - Same day
9: Approval letter: Same day
10. BRP Received on: Awaiting for the BRP card
a) Reached Lunar House at 9:20 am for an appointment which was scheduled at 9:50 am.

b) Ground Floor - Went through the security checks and joined a queue. Received a token number slip from the counter after showing the appointment letter, passports & BRP cards. (Total Time : 5 mins)

c) Third Floor -
i) Token number flashed on the screen in front of a counter near the waiting area. Handed over the token number slip and made a debit card payment. I have submitted the 4 separate cover with application and all document She took all the document and put in 1 cover. Was handed over a payment slip and cover with all the document and asked to wait until my token number was called in order to do the case registration (Total time: 10 mins)

ii) Went to an open plan office cubicle (on the right side of the payment counters after my token number was called) to hand over the forms and documents. She took all the document and she register my case in the system and asked me to wait until my number was called for the bio-metric scan (Total time: 15 mins)

iii) My token number was called for the bio-metric scan after 5 minutes. They told for my son they want to do both Photo and finger prints and for my 6 month daughter they want go for photo During the photo my daughter is not corporative and they told photo was not as per the specification, they told us to wait and see whether your BRP verification is successfully nor not. I was asked to check the details (Name & D.O.B) and provide my signature on a B.R.P form. Asked me to wait in the area next to the cafe until my number was called for the collection of documents . (Total Time : 10 mins)

iv) My token number was called after 45 minutes. The official handed over an approval letter and all original documents which were submitted with the application. When I asked for how many year Visa is granted, he told me that it is granted for 3 Years I was informed that the B.R.P cards would be received by post within 5 - 7 working days

Document Submitted
Main Applicant
- Application form
- 12 Month Payslip
- 12 months Bank statements
- Employment letter
- Letter from HSBC bank for Maintenance Fund
-Passport
-BRP card

Dependant 1(Wife)
- Application form
- 2 Passport (Old and new)