ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - JR - Reconsideration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tejap
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Extension - JR - Reconsideration

Post by Tejap » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi All,

Our case Background:
I was a contractor providing consultancy services through my limited company and then joined a permanent role in January 2015. I've applied for Tier 1 General extension (with incomes from: contracting + permanent) via postal service in March 2015. HO rejected the application based on some concerns which were not valid and we were not given appeal rights. So, we have applied for Judicial Review. HO agreed to reconsider our case and asked us to withdraw our JR. We have withdrawn our JR and received a confirmation of reconsideration with sealed order dated 7th October 2015. In the order it was informed that HO will reconsider the application within 3 months of the date of sealed order. In the mean time I had to renew my passport and so I'm having a new passport now.

Queries:
1. Did anyone here were in similar situation earlier - reconsideration after a JR? Did they get back to you within the time mentioned? Our solicitors said they would sometimes take even longer! How long will they usually take?

2. 3 months from the date of sealed order will be 7th Jan 2016, but our current VISA expiry date is 1st January 2016. What will happen if we don't hear from them within the expiry date? If our employers (mine and my spouse's) ask for our VISA valid date what should we tell? Will that effect our permanent roles? Can we request HO to speed up the process if there is a situation of losing permanent jobs because of this reason?

3. Should I submit my new passport details to HO? When I asked my solicitor they said that HO will ask if they need any documents - but how will they know that I've renewed my passport?

4. HO didn't ask for any additional documents relevant to the points of the initial rejection, yet?

5. Can we expedite our case at all? What will be the consequences?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

manjunathhr
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General Extension - JR - Reconsideration

Post by manjunathhr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm

hi,

When did you got your ILR ?, could please tell us your time line