ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - General : ILR for Main and dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madhanipr
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - General : ILR for Main and dependent

Post by madhanipr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:16 am

Hello All,

I have a query for Tier 1 - General ILR for the main applicant and dependents.

I arrived in UK on 29-August-2010 and will be eligible for ILR on 1-August-2015. My wife and daughter arrived to UK on 10-September-2011 and have been over in the UK except for holidays outside UK.

I am planning to apply for ILR for myself through the Premium route to avoid the delay in obtaining ILR. Once my ILR is received (hopefully on same day), I would then apply for my wife's ILR through the postal route. Can this be done?

I am not planning to apply ILR for my daughter but directly register her once I get British Citizeship in 2016. Can this be done as well?

Will me getting ILR would have any adverse effect on my wife's and daughter's Tier 1 - Dependent visa status? Their dependent visa is valid until June-2017.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 - General : ILR for Main and dependent

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:13 am

madhanipr wrote:Hello All,

I arrived in UK on 29-August-2010 and will be eligible for ILR on 1-August-2015. My wife and daughter arrived to UK on 10-September-2011 and have been over in the UK except for holidays outside UK.

I am planning to apply for ILR for myself through the Premium route to avoid the delay in obtaining ILR. Once my ILR is received (hopefully on same day), I would then apply for my wife's ILR through the postal route. Can this be done?
you can go for ilr premium and then you can apply. No issues, they can stay until thier current expire
I am not planning to apply ILR for my daughter but directly register her once I get British Citizeship in 2016. Can this be done as well?
you can go for ilr premium and then you can apply. No issues, they can stay until thier current expire
Will me getting ILR would have any adverse effect on my wife's and daughter's Tier 1 - Dependent visa status? Their dependent visa is valid until June-2017.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

madhanipr
Newly Registered

Post by madhanipr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:27 pm

haiksuresh wrote:
madhanipr wrote:Hello All,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
Thanks for your info. I have since applied and obtained my ILR and am applying my wife's ILR in next few days.

kchess
Newly Registered

Post by kchess » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 pm

HI Members,

I'm planning to apply for ILR in 3 weeks through tier 1 general route, my wife joined during 1st week of July 2015 through tier dependent visa. I'm not sure if I should apply for a tier 1 dependent extension or FLR (m) as she is a doctor.a solicitor advised me to go for FLR(M) and he said she will get 2.5 years initially.

I was planning to go on a one day appointment for both of us.still unsure as it's very expensive considering I need to pay £500 for IHS on top of premium service and application fees.we estimated it comes around 3600£ for both of our application.

So I thought I will seek advice before I spend so much money.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:59 am

How long was her leave granted for?

Note that the Immigration status requirements must also be met. For example, she may fail FLR(M), if her leave was granted for six months or less, as E-LTRP.2.1 fails.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.