ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General to ILR Visa - For me and my dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dreamers315

Tier 1 General to ILR Visa - For me and my dependent

Post by dreamers315 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:11 am

Hello All

Q1) I am currently holding Tier 1 UK General visa and this is expiring by 3rd June 2016. I came to UK on Tier 2 ICT Visa on 1st Dec 2010 and then converted my T2 Visa to T1 General Visa by 3rd June 2011. My first grant for T1 G is for 2 years and got my 1st extension by June 2013 for 3 years. I guess I will be eligible for applying ILR around Dec 2015? or Do I need to wait till June 2016?

Q2) My wife applied for T1 General dependent visa outside UK(in India) and came to UK on 12th Feb 2013. She applied along with me for Visa extension by June 2013 and we both got 3 years extension. Now her T1 G Dependent visa will expire by June 2016 and by that time she will ONLY complete 3 years 4 months in UK. To apply for ILR she has to hold the T1 General dependent visa for 5 years so do i need to do her T1 General dependent visa extension before it closes by April 2015 ? or Can i wait till her current T1 G Dependent visa expires on 3rd JUNE 2016 and then what visa can i apply for her?

Let me know what is the best route to achieve ILR for me and my wife.

Thanks in advance