ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - ILR apply - unemployed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinowings
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - ILR apply - unemployed

Post by vinowings » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:40 am

Hi,

I am on tier 1 General visa and will be due for Indefinite leave to Remain in feb 2015. By September 2014, I have required points from earnings to apply. But my problem is that my role got redundant in september 2014 and I may loose my job in september 2014

My questions are:
1. If I get PEO appointment in Feb 2015 and yet unemployed will I be refused ILR?
2. How do I answer section 5.3 in the SET (0) Application form. If I say NO if unemployed will it result to ILR refusal?
3. What would be the alternative here?

Much appreciate your response

Thanks
Vinoth

Malik44

Re: Tier 1 - ILR apply - unemployed

Post by Malik44 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Q1-2 In ILR you have to maintain your earning requirement on which your Tier 1 G visa granted
if you meet that same Earning threshold by continues earning for 12 months of last 15 months prior submitting your ILR application you will be fine.
Q-3
There is no alternative you have to maintain same earning threshold So tried to get new Job ASAP to meet that requirement.

Resmian
Newly Registered

Post by Resmian » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Malik44 wrote:Q1-2 In ILR you have to maintain your earning requirement on which your Tier 1 G visa granted
if you meet that same Earning threshold by continues earning for 12 months of last 15 months prior submitting your ILR application you will be fine.
Q-3
There is no alternative you have to maintain same earning threshold So tried to get new Job ASAP to meet that requirement.
Hi, what do you mean by 'same' earning threshold? I got my Tier 1 extension by showing 45K+ salary in 12 months so, I got 45 points in highest band.
I am now eligible for ILR and have appointment this week. I only intend to show my last 8 month's earnings as I was unemployed for 4 months just before that. The last 8 month's earnings is less than 35K and therfore I can only claim 35 points, however that is sufficient to get the final 75 points required in my category (as my initial tier 1 was Jan 2009). My question is if there will be a problem because my initial Tier 1 application and The Tier 1 extensions were based on 45 points for earnings, but now ILR application is based on 35 points for earnings alone? Shd I wait cor couple of more months until I have enough earning to claim 45 points and then apply for ILR ?
I would appreciate a quick reply as I have PEO appointment this Friday.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:39 pm

you applied and granted Tier 1 G before March 2009 where applicant need 75 points to meet the criteria.
If your 8 months payslips within last 15 months prior to ILR application meet the enough points criteria you will be fine.

silk route

Post by silk route » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:40 am

vinowings wrote:Hi,

I am on tier 1 General visa and will be due for Indefinite leave to Remain in feb 2015. By September 2014, I have required points from earnings to apply. But my problem is that my role got redundant in september 2014 and I may loose my job in september 2014

My questions are:
1. If I get PEO appointment in Feb 2015 and yet unemployed will I be refused ILR?
2. How do I answer section 5.3 in the SET (0) Application form. If I say NO if unemployed will it result to ILR refusal?
3. What would be the alternative here?

Much appreciate your response

Thanks
Vinoth
Hi Vinoth,

My case is similar to you. Have you got ILR ? Please share your experience.

silk route

silk route

Post by silk route » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:42 am

Resmian wrote:
Malik44 wrote:Q1-2 In ILR you have to maintain your earning requirement on which your Tier 1 G visa granted
Q-3
Hi, what do you mean by 'same' earning threshold? I got my Tier 1 extension by showing 45K+ salary in 12 months so, I got 45 points in highest band.
I am now eligible for ILR and have appointment this week. I only intend to show my last 8 month's earnings as I was unemployed for 4 months just before that. The last 8 month's earnings is less than 35K and therfore I can only claim 35 points, however that is sufficient to get the final 75 points required in my category (as my initial tier 1 was Jan 2009). My question is if there will be a problem because my initial Tier 1 application and The Tier 1 extensions were based on 45 points for earnings, but now ILR application is based on 35 points for earnings alone? Shd I wait cor couple of more months until I have enough earning to claim 45 points and then apply for ILR ?
I would appreciate a quick reply as I have PEO appointment this Friday.
Hi Resmian,

Have you got ILR with 8 month salary ? Please share your experience.

silk route