ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to tier 1 dependant - within UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cloud99
Newly Registered

Tier 4 to tier 1 dependant - within UK

Post by cloud99 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:42 pm

I have a friend who needs help. He is currently on tier 1 general - extension completed ( ILR due in oct 2015 ) and now he is planning to get married. His fiancé is on tier 4 - student visa and she has been in uk for more than 7 years. His fiancé's visa is going to expire in June 2015. They both are planning to get married in uk around February 2015.
Questions
1. Can the fiancé apply (switch ) for tier 1 dependant while she is in uk? Or she has to go back India ( home country ) for visa application .

2. If yes , Can she apply in march 2015 - slightly earlier ( usually 28 days before your visa expires )

3. In oct 2015 my friend will be eligible to apply for ILR - (the dependant) will she get ILR as well because she has been in uk for 7 years ( I guess dependants need to say minimum 5 years in uk in this it's 7 )

Many thanks in advance

Regards

vinny

Re: Tier 4 to tier 1 dependant - within UK

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:34 pm

1. No, a fiancé cannot switch. However, a spouse may switch in the UK, subject to the normal requirements for dependants, under 319C.
2. She may switch at any time after marriage, preferably before her leave expires.
3. Unfortunately, no. 319E fails. She may extend.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.