ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help: query on funds maintenance for tier 1 general

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tejap
Newly Registered

Urgent help: query on funds maintenance for tier 1 general

Post by Tejap » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello All,

I am on Tier1 General Visa valid till Nov 2017. I would like to apply Tier1 dependant visa for my son (new born).

Query number 1: Should we maintain funds only for my son or should we maintain for my son and me also?

Query number 2: My son was born in the UK but if I apply dependant visa from India should I maintain £1890 or £630? I am living in the UK since 2011.

Below is the extract from gov.uk guidance:

[b]Each dependant must have a certain amount of money available to them - this is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.

The amount depends on your circumstances. You must have £1,890 for each dependant if you’re applying from outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months. If you’ve been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £630 for each dependant.

URL: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members
[/b]

Did anyone apply for only new born recently? Can you please let me know the rules for my queries. Quick response is much appreciated.

Thanks
Teja

Tejap
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help: query on funds maintenance for tier 1 gener

Post by Tejap » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 am

Anyone help pls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:47 pm

You need to follow the requirements of applying from outside the UK if that is where you are applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tejap
Newly Registered

Post by Tejap » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for the reply.

So in our case as we are living in UK more than 12months. Should we maintain £630 even we are applying from out of UK?

And should I maintain funds only for my son? The message is not clear in gov.uk which I shared.

Thanks
Teja