ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mohramzan

Urgent Help required

Post by mohramzan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Hello there
Hope one of you could help me. I got tier 1 general from April 2011 to 2013. Second extension 2013 to 2016.
When I applied in 2011 I had Bsc degree and I claimed 30 points for that. And considering my age at that time I had to show 40K as my earning.
In second extension I kept the same but I was told by my case worker you need 35K as you have a master degree which I got after my first extension.

Now I m preparing myself for my ILR next year but my solicitor says you still need 40K as first time you claimed 30 points for qualification and 25 for earning.
I want to claim 35 points for qualification as i have a master degree and 20 for earning. Can I do that?
According to my understanding age points are same as first time extension and the other can change. Please help.

Regards
MO

mohramzan

Re: Urgent Help required

Post by mohramzan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:24 am

Anyone please?
is Salary threshold has to be the same for ILR as the time of first time application on tier 1 general?

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:21 am

You can claim higher points as you have completed your master's degree.

see clause B Page 37
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0_1_15.pdf

If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent
in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section
below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this
application.
If you have gained further qualifications since your last application for leave as a Tier 1 (General)
migrant and wish to claim points for this, you must provide evidence of this qualification as
specified below

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi thanks for your reply.
So i can increase my points by showing my master degree and that means my salary threshold will come down from 40k to 35k?

I hope I m correctly understood

Kind regards

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:58 pm

mohramzan wrote:Hi thanks for your reply.
So i can increase my points by showing my master degree and that means my salary threshold will come down from 40k to 35k?

I hope I m correctly understood

YES

Kind regards

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Thank you both for answering

Much appreciated

Regards