ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa collection rule changed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

Visa collection rule changed

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:34 am

My wife is applying for Tier 1 general dependent from Pakistan (outside UK). She will apply next week but she is giving intended travel date (1st March). I got visa till end of April and then I will apply for ILR. They change the rule that temporary visa for 30 days will be giving from Pakistan and then collect brp visa from UK. Will they give 2 months visa when she will come to UK? please advice. Thanks

Casa

Re: Visa collection rule changed

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:52 am

" We will grant leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave"

The visa entry date can only be deferred for up to 3 months and your wife must arrive in the UK within 3 days of the visa being issued.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.