ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Mother-In-Law

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

achellap

Visa for Mother-In-Law

Post by achellap » Sun May 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Guys

Need some advise on my current situation

I am On Tier - 1 Visa valid until April 2016

My Wife who is on dependent Visa is 7 months pregnant

Now the issue is that we are planning to bring her mother on her final stage of Pregnancy , but to invite her on General visitor visa there seems to be a problem with her name on the Indian passport.

My mother in law name is misspelt on my wife's passport which did not notice , recently my in law applied for passport with correct spelling and waiting for it to be delivered.

The situation is that my wife can't travel to india and we have to bring her mother here , is there any way around to bring her here with my wife's mother's name different on her passport ?

Please advise

sameday
BANNED

Visa for Mother-In-Law

Post by sameday » Tue May 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Still you can bring in your mother-in -law through applying under general visitor category. For that you need to produce your passport copies ,Visa copy,rental agreement showing your accommodation,your employment and income details such as payslip,bank statement letter from the employer.You have to produce the invitation letter , declaration and sponsorship letter.Which should clearly mention the requirement to bring your mother in law here.Even if there is no well defined amount for maintenance if you are able to show 2000-3000 £ for one person in your bank account for her maintenance purpose while she is in UK that would be fine.

achellap

Post by achellap » Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm

hi Thanks for the advise , very much appreciated

so according to the above advise , shouldn't i have to submit my wife's passport with the visa application for her mother ?

sameday
BANNED

Post by sameday » Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Yes , you are correct, you don't need to show your wife's passport. As a general visitor you are the person who is sponsoring your mother in law, in this aspect there is no need show any family relationship to bring a person. Since you are a legitimate visa holder you have the right to do that and show your details to satisfy that.

But you should have invitation letter, declaration and sponsorship letter along with the documents which is important.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Visa for Mother-In-Law

Post by kiranchinnu » Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 am

achellap wrote:Hi Guys

Need some advise on my current situation

I am On Tier - 1 Visa valid until April 2016

My Wife who is on dependent Visa is 7 months pregnant

Now the issue is that we are planning to bring her mother on her final stage of Pregnancy , but to invite her on General visitor visa there seems to be a problem with her name on the Indian passport.

My mother in law name is misspelt on my wife's passport which did not notice , recently my in law applied for passport with correct spelling and waiting for it to be delivered.

The situation is that my wife can't travel to india and we have to bring her mother here , is there any way around to bring her here with my wife's mother's name different on her passport ?

Please advise
Prepare a affidavit with notary saying that 2 names are of same person. Dont worry too much.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

OtherStuff
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for Mother-In-Law

Post by OtherStuff » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi

I have the same problem where my father's name is slightly different to what is on my passport. The given name on my father's passport has an extra letter 'a' (owing to the South Indian accent) and father's name on my passport does not have it.

Wondering if this would be a problem?
Did you sponsor the visa for your mum-in-law or got an affidavit from the Notary?

Thanks