ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What age to use for Tier 1 point calculations ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RSB75
Newly Registered

What age to use for Tier 1 point calculations ?

Post by RSB75 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi All,

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with the below query on calculating points for AGE for Tier 1 Visa renewal.

on the website it says "If you are in the UK and are applying to extend your stay you can score up to 20 points for your age. You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer. "

Background : I got my first Tier 1 in Oct 2012, I got my first renewal of Tier 1 in Oct 2014. As rules are changing and I will be short by 4 weeks for ILR, I am again going for Tier 1 renewal in Jan 2015.

My Query: What should I consider my age for the purpose of claiming points for this upcoming renewal?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
RB

Malik44

Re: What age to use for Tier 1 point calculations ?

Post by Malik44 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 pm

You'll awarded same age points as you awarded in your first Tier 1 G application by UKBA

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:19 am

You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant.

RSB75
Newly Registered

Post by RSB75 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Both,

Many thanks for your reply and I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
RB

sahiba
Newly Registered

Post by sahiba » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:00 am

Answer to your query - age points calculation against Tier-1 (General)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you were first granted Tier-1 visa. Say that time your age was 26 years old. The age will be counted as same during your extension of Tier-1 extension.

Let us know how this goes. This will help others too.

Regards,
Sahiba

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:04 am

RSB75 wrote:Hi All,

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with the below query on calculating points for AGE for Tier 1 Visa renewal.

on the website it says "If you are in the UK and are applying to extend your stay you can score up to 20 points for your age. You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer. "

Background : I got my first Tier 1 in Oct 2012, I got my first renewal of Tier 1 in Oct 2014. As rules are changing and I will be short by 4 weeks for ILR, I am again going for Tier 1 renewal in Jan 2015.

My Query: What should I consider my age for the purpose of claiming points for this upcoming renewal?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
RB
offtopic, why do you think you will be short 4 weeks?
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

sahiba
Newly Registered

Post by sahiba » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 am

Hi RB,

Please can you tell us if you got extension Tier-1 visa? This would help others to resolve query.

Regards,
Sahiba

RSB75
Newly Registered

Post by RSB75 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Below are few points for benefit of anyone else in my situation :

1. Point for age are considered basis original Tier 1 application
2. Had two years balance on my visa when i applied and am granted visa for three more years

Thanks everyone for help.

RB