ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Account Requirement for Investor Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

T1EAccelerated

Bank Account Requirement for Investor Visa

Post by T1EAccelerated » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:30 am

Hello,

I have a friend of mine who is applying for Tier 1 Investor Visa, he has hired a solicitor to do his paperwork and everything seems to be in order, but one of the requirement given by solicitor is that he needs to open up a UK bank account, and get a letter from bank saying this account can be used to invest money in UK.

Now, he is not a resident in UK, so, he went to Barclays and HSBC in Hong Kong where he is a resident, but he is unable to open up a UK bank account sitting there, he do however have a tourist visa, but even with that in UK banks are reluctant to open an account for him considering he is not a resident in UK.

Further suggestions came in from solicitor is to approach a investment firm or any firm regulated by FCA and open up an account there, i saw a lot of them available online, but confused as this is a big decision before file is submitted to UKBA.

Can anyone suggest a bank or firm that can open up a account for this kind of investment and get a letter from them would suffice the requirement of UKBA for a investor visa.

JuliaTE1
BANNED

Re: Bank Account Requirement for Investor Visa

Post by JuliaTE1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi, send me a PM please, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Maks wrote:Hi, send me a PM please, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
Maks,

Looks like i am newly registered, so not getting the option to do PM, can you PM me your email id, and we can speak there.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:02 pm

T1EAccelerated wrote:
Maks wrote:Hi, send me a PM please, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
Maks,

Looks like i am newly registered, so not getting the option to do PM, can you PM me your email id, and we can speak there.

Somehow its not letting me even read the private messages, says you are not allowed to read private messages.

GLL
BANNED

Post by GLL » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:38 am

T1EAccelerated wrote:Hello,

I have a friend of mine who is applying for Tier 1 Investor Visa, he has hired a solicitor to do his paperwork and everything seems to be in order, but one of the requirement given by solicitor is that he needs to open up a UK bank account, and get a letter from bank saying this account can be used to invest money in UK.

Now, he is not a resident in UK, so, he went to Barclays and HSBC in Hong Kong where he is a resident, but he is unable to open up a UK bank account sitting there, he do however have a tourist visa, but even with that in UK banks are reluctant to open an account for him considering he is not a resident in UK.

Further suggestions came in from solicitor is to approach a investment firm or any firm regulated by FCA and open up an account there, i saw a lot of them available online, but confused as this is a big decision before file is submitted to UKBA.

Can anyone suggest a bank or firm that can open up a account for this kind of investment and get a letter from them would suffice the requirement of UKBA for a investor visa.
We can help you with this. Please send me PM with your contact details, or if you can't do so, please email at Moderator Edit : email contact details removed.