ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Leave to Remain & Entry Clearance differences

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pikeng89
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Leave to Remain & Entry Clearance differences

Post by pikeng89 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:45 am

I obtained my Entry Clearance of Tier 1 Investor outside the UK and landed on 15th Jun 2013.

With a stamp at airport, the 'Specific Date' in my case is also 15/06/2013. I have invested sufficient funds within 3 months from that 'Specific Date' and wondering if I am eligible to apply the extension (2 years) of my Investor visa now? Or, the 3 years which is required by UKBA starts at the date I actually invested? The visa gives me 3 years and 4 months and it's long enough to make me confused :cry:

Obie
Ireland

Re: Tier 1 Leave to Remain & Entry Clearance differences

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:45 pm

What was the length of your entry clearance?

The period starts from the grant of leave, but for an extension, you must invest within 3 months of arrival as a Tier 1 investor, and provide evidence of having done so, within that time frame.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors