ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement and Bank Account

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Bank Statement and Bank Account

Post by ice_breaker » Sun May 22, 2011 8:19 pm

hey all ,

my student visa is runningout end of sept 2011. i need to apply for PSW before that. but at the moment i am outside UK and dont have bank account here.

my question is can i use my fathers or sisters bank statement as sponser OR open account put funds and wait three months OR come back UK , put funds in UK account wait 3 months and apply

suggestion please

dilbar505
Newly Registered

regarding your situation

Post by dilbar505 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 pm

According to Home office you need to have an account on your name and not on others and no one can sponsor you . the best option for you is you can open n account in your home country and as you will be applying for PSW from outside united kingdom you need to how £2800 pounds equivalent funds and the funds should be in your account for 90 days or 3 months .
The reason i am not suggesting you to come back to uk and put your money in uk bank account is you are no more a student and while returning to uk the home office may deny your entry on the border i mean at the port of entry (Airport) one thing you could do is transfer the money 2800 pounds to uk bank account from your home country and wait for three months .
Note: you have to show £2800 as a must as you are no more in the united kingdom and you will be applying for PSW from your home country £800 pounds is no more applicable for you ,£800 pounds would be valid if you have been in uk and applying for PSW. Hope this gives you answer for your doubts . Best of luck for your visa thing.